The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, Sting777 said:

He has played great in his 2 games in central defence,  though he is still lacking a bit in fitness

Honestly I’m surprised to hear, he played on the left side of our three at the back but was terribly one footed, always cut back onto his stronger foot. 

Possibly will do well in a traditional back four then? 

58 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Doolan has been a great player for you over a number of years but this year long hero worship seems a bit much, just have a testimonial game and send out some nice tweets? 

It's nauseating. He's been shite for ages and people completely overlook it cos he's a club legend. It's becoming the Archie situation all over again, but with a player.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

:lol:

You must have a very similar wee group of fans to us. Concede penalties, sell cheap goals, missplace every pass - but if you wave then it's ok.

(see also, fire a reasonable budget on a tiny squad of injury prone players, and leave a team ninth in the division below they were in when you took over...)

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Doolan has been a great player for you over a number of years but this year long hero worship seems a bit much, just have a testimonial game and send out some nice tweets? 

What an odd thing to get annoyed about. I'm not sure I've ever come across a player's testimonial committee that just organises a game and sends out some nice tweets. Pretty much all of them do this kind of stuff along with golf days and dinners to raise more money.