The Partick Thistle thread

Plays An Unfit Gary Harkins but wont play Arguably the best striker in the league.. assuming this is a real tweet he obviously feels he's fit enough to play. . You could see in the few minutes he's actually played for us that he is more of a goal threat than anyone else we have. 

Edited by Thistle4eva

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

Remember when Coulibaly was a "no risk" signing?

No risk, apart from chucking probably a grand a week at a guy who you flat out refuse to play.

Maybe there is a pay as you play element to his contract and Gary Caldwell being such an astute manager/accountant .. he feels Coulibaly isn't worth the money he gets when he's unfit. 

Not defending Caldwell but SC certainly has previous for being economical with the truth. Even if he is fit as in can play 60 minutes, he's not started a competitive game for best part of 2 years now. 

Mental that our likely *best* case scenario is navigating our way past John Baird at Forfar and Kevin Nisbet at Raith in the playoffs. 

Last season I thought we were probably fucked but might get out of it, probably up until the 0-1 Motherwell game near the end of the season, this season I think we're toast already.  We need 24 points from 15 games to have a reasonable shot at 8th. No. 

I posted on here after the Morton game that Coulibaly was fit to play. He told me in hospitality after the game, though interestingly he did add....if picked!. Fast forward  to the next Friday Jagzone message from Caldwell before the Dundee Und game, where he states Coulibaly had just restarted training and was about 4 weeks away from the first team. Someone is telling porkies and I dont think its Coulibaly!!In a team that creates and scores very little his omission is a disgrace given all the hoops we went through to get him signed. Looks like he is happy to play and give an 18 month contract to a 34 year old guy that was past his best 4 years ago than play younger, creative and exciting players like Erskine and Coulibaly that could still get us out of this  carnage!

Edited by Sting777

I just listened to Gary in that interview. Jesus, another manager who becomes the eight year old kid who breaks something but “doesn’t know why”.

I was prepared to give Heed a chance - but after 2 wins in 12, and failing to beat our main rivals at home, largely due to him leaving Harkins on the pitch until he was sent off, and listening to his banal comments every week, it's clear he is not the right man for the job. He is almost certainly not capable of keeping us in the division.

Falkirk are improving, and have a competent manager.  Alloa are doing fine, and are already well ahead of us.  But most important of all, Caldwell doesn't seem aware of how critical the situation is, and his comments rarely seem grounded in reality. He's the reason we'll be in League One next season.  If it's true that he's simply not picking Coulibaly when the player himself reckons he is fit (surely that means he could at least start building match fitness from the reserves, and/or coming off the bench) then that is truly baffling, almost to a "picking Miles Storey every week" level. 

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

I was prepared to give Heed a chance - but after 2 wins in 12, and failing to beat our main rivals at home, largely due to him leaving Harkins on the pitch until he was sent off, and listening to his banal comments every week, it's clear he is not the right man for the job. He is almost certainly not capable of keeping us in the division.

Falkirk are improving, and have a competent manager.  Alloa are doing fine, and are already well ahead of us.  But most important of all, Caldwell doesn't seem aware of how critical the situation is, and his comments rarely seem grounded in reality. He's the reason we'll be in League One next season.  If it's true that he's simply not picking Coulibaly when the player himself reckons he is fit (surely that means he could at least start building match fitness from the reserves, and/or coming off the bench) then that is truly baffling, almost to a "picking Miles Storey every week" level. 

2 wins in 12? We still haven’t done that yet

26 minutes ago, third lanark said:

2 wins in 12? We still haven’t done that yet

Sorry, it's 1 in 13 isn't it?  We were attempting our second win of his reign yesterday, with the usual end result. Strengthens the point that Caldwell is an absolute dud, anyway.