The Partick Thistle thread

From Euan Robertson (reporter) on Twitter today.

Very positive press conference from Gary Caldwell

On Erskine: ‘We had an offer from another club, Chris hasn’t been involved as much as he’d like and I understand his frustrations

He’s still very much part of our plans, he’s a fans favourite, trained well and in squad for Sat.’

On Erskine: ‘We had an offer from another club, Chris hasn’t been involved as much as he’d like and I understand his frustrations

He’s still very much part of our plans, he’s a fans favourite, trained well and in squad for Sat.’

Likely to stay put then ?

17 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

frustrated ryan gosling GIF

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Five new signings, I thought he was supposed to be making another signing this week 

People need to calm down. Deals can be held up because other teams are involved in deals/waiting to hear on players. It's like being in a chain when selling a house. I'm confident we'll see some more fresh faces soon.

3 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

So I’m gonna assume none of you were overly impressed with Jeffries ? Given a run of games could he hack it in the championship or is he a league 1/2 player?

I quite liked the look of him. Obviously still learning but by no means our worst centre back  

So I’m gonna assume none of you were overly impressed with Jeffries ? Given a run of games could he hack it in the championship or is he a league 1/2 player?

I thought he was poor tbh and nowhere near good enough. He may be Championship quality in the future but not at the moment IMO.

55 minutes ago, Reid said:

I thought he was poor tbh and nowhere near good enough. He may be Championship quality in the future but not at the moment IMO.

Agreed. On the two or three appearances he's had, he's been pretty atrocious and is miles off the standard of the league. To be fair, he's been in a back three with Tam Scobbie and Sean McGinty so it must be difficult with mistakes all over the place, but if anything he's looked worse than both of them.

8 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Think that one got done a few months back just to debunk a lot of what he said though it wasnt the SAS it the SFSG (special forces support group) which is a mix of paras and royal marines who provide fire support for special forces. Got to admit though the escape and evasion stuff is a great laugh.

Listened to him on Clyde 1 SSB last night talking about the game and between Caldwell saying they haven't had a bad game yet just mistakes costing them and Hugh Keevens pointing out the obvious if Thistle get beat today then they are in trouble.