The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

"How far off the top 4 are we?"
"15 points."
"So it's still mathematically possible for us to go up - great!"

That this was the jist of Jacqui Low’s contribution to the last party political broadcast on Jagzone would be absolutely hilarious if it wasn’t so tragically and dangerously deluded.

47 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Rumours of a training ground bust up between Caldwell and Erskine.

I want Gary Caldwell to f**k off out of my club and I want him to do it now.

Not sure all the rumour-mongering re: Erskine is particularly helpful

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Scott Burns on Twitter saying we’re trying to bring Erskine in. I’m guessing he’s not seeing eye to eye with Caldwell?

Caldwell wants rid of Erskine. McCall signed Erskine at Thistle. This Scott Burns fellow really has his finger on the pulse.

27 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

Caldwell wants rid of Erskine. McCall signed Erskine at Thistle. This Scott Burns fellow really has his finger on the pulse.

Folk were actually talking about this at our game on Saturday so I think there's something to it. 

7 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Folk were actually talking about this at our game on Saturday so I think there's something to it. 

Oh well, must be true then.

If Erskine decides not to stay on Caldwell's terms, I'm sure that he would be interested in a move to Somerset.

Think it was Alan Nixon that said on Twitter but I forgot that Erskine had also taken a pay cut to stay on. I know we had the sentimentality debate a few pages ago but if two players that are due that is Doolan and Erskine.

It’s hard enough going to Firhill without dipshit having his way and making us progressively worse.

1 hour ago, thisal said:

"the board were too sentimental with Archie should have got rid sooner."

"Even tho' Erskine and Doolan aren't performing  Caldwell should show some compassion and give them more time."

Except that Erskine has been one of our best players when he has played this season (not saying much, but still...), never gives up, and yet Heed has barely given him a chance.  Falkirk fans commenting that he gave them a very hard game last time when we won at Firhill, and this time he'll not be on the pitch. Hard to perform when you're on the bench (or dropped altogether), and yet frauds like Miles Storey who can't kick a ball are getting picked before you. 

Doolan has gone very quiet and is getting on a bit (like CE) but given decent service, which he hasn't had for a long time, he'd still be bagging us double figures every season. Who scored at Tannadice at the weekend?

In short, Erskine and Doolan deserve loyalty because they both still have something to offer.  Archibald should have been emptied straight after the final whistle against Livi.