The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Don't think so, according to radio he was lucky not to be sent off, then got subbed cause he couldn't keep up with uniteds attackers.. Good riddance. 

464ADAF0-1DE8-45BC-AE04-914402FCF07F-220-000000693EE5ED0D.png.f2c08e569b66db0595d12c00cdf45350.png

If  Darren O'dea is available we should 100% be trying to get him. Mcginty is an absolute liability and we will imo lose at least a goal a game until he is replaced.

For me we still need 4 players and I hope Tam Scobbie isn't one of them. 

3 Defenders and a striker would really help.  

Punt Bell .. Mutumbo..Ntwambe..Keown.. And let the loan guys leave.. Jeffries and Gordon.

I would also try and offload Coulibaly but I doubt we could.. what's the point in having him if he can't play until Feburary and probably won't be match fit until March. 

Was also wondering why Fitzpatrick wasn't involved today ? 

3 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

Miles Storey nominated for our player of the month. Somone at the club is surely at the wind-up...

By the process of elimination he's probably in the top 4 for December.

A grim thought but that's the reality of how shite some of the others have been of late.

Massively concerned. There is now a gap opening from safety with a Falkirk who look like their improving and so this weekends game is a watershed for me. McKinnon is no mug. If we loose, which on last 18 months of form in big matches is anything to go by, we will be 8 points adrift. Alloa the only PT team in the league will likely continue their grinding out of results and pick up more points this weekend at home V Morton. It’s very probable and I’m deeply nervous about the next 3/4 months.

If we do lose, what does the conversation at board level look like? We’re on the verge of heading into League 1. It’d be an unmitigated disaster that would see us back to where the worst days of our modern history lie. We cannot go back there. Ffs we were 6th in the country 18 months ago!!!

I understand the argument for Caldwell to get time and bring his own players in but to continue on this path makes no sense. He’s changed very little on the field. Good performances for 30-60 minutes of a game with no wins and no points means nothing. Caldwell can talk improvement but as everyone keeps saying this is a results business. And we need results quick.

We lack a ruthlessness. We cannot execute / score goals and with chat abound by supporters of our best player and cult legend Erskine leaving the club once again The Jacqui and Gerry show have “screwed the pooch” regards the communication with the support.

In hindsight Alan should have left after the Livingston games. That decision has put us in part in this situation with shite players, lack of diversity in the squad and frankly a losing mentality. It also let Caldwell in the door, when we may have another team and manager at this point. But who knows it could’ve been Caldwell anyway and we’d be in same position. The list for a new manager wasn’t great or inspiring so I don’t hold the board responsible for hiring who they did. If he interviewed well then so be it.

This weekend is massive. It’s at home which is a plus but to be fair we’ve barely won home or away this past year. We need goals and and aggression and desire we haven’t seen for so long. We need to take it to Falkirk. I’d rather cheer on a side willing to do everything they can to win a game than a team hamstrung by shitey tactics and a negative formation. Playing 3 centre-halves and leaving our creative players on the bench which is all I see Caldwell doing unless the new signings allow more flexibility to change what we setup to do?

I’m afraid we lose against the Bairns and we’ll need an absolute miracle to get us out of this predicament.

If we win. We have QOS at home after Cup and then two games against teams you’d think with a couple of good results we can potentially compete and win in ICT and Alloa. There is a path to turning this around but it starts with Falkirk this weekend.

If and I know this is all ‘ifs’ we cannot get traction and points by the time we meet County on Feb 23rd not only is it over I think Caldwell has to resign or be fired. To me there is a path to get out of this but time is of the essence.

It’s incredibly depressing. But with the new players and a decent performance versus Arabs at weekend we have to start executing. My hope is we will but it’s shite being a jags fan. I love the club and players and whilst I’m deeply concerned I have but a small glimmer of hope.