The Partick Thistle thread

I hope Bell is away, but the fact he never got dropped after the 1-5 off Morton where you could argue he sold the majority of the goals was worrying- plus he's on a 2 year deal. I'd expect Lennox, Mutumbo, and Ntambwe to be off regardless of who else we bring in, if we can get Keown and Storey off the books as well that would be good.

29 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Has Cammy Bell really been that bad this season? He was someone I wanted Falkirk to sign in the summer.

Yes, not only is he made of glass and thinks he gallus, for his age and experience he has shown little to no leadership as our defense shipped goal after goal the first 1/3 of the season, before he started with all the injuries & pulling sickeys (I think he's a hypochondriac). When your development team / youth goalkeeper is getting a game in front of you when you come back from injury it tells you everything you need to know. Sooner we're rid of this charlatan the better. 

Edited by Rednyella

1 hour ago, Willie adie said:

apparently the thistle board arent keen to give Caldwell money to strengthen as " it will bankrupt them"

he has told them if they don't strengthen then they will go down and that will bankrupt them.

oh he tries to get Goodwillie but he is unwilling to go full time again,

he is on £700 at Clyde and also works on the roads.

43 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

apparently your highest paid player is on over £1000 per week.

1_bKhLWWImDaDT4CoKJmVg-w.gif

1 minute ago, Ad Lib said:

Getting a bit nervous at the fact that Caldwell's signings/releases so far don't appear to be crock of shit.

Makes me worry who he's actually planning to release towards the end of the window...

Keown hopefully, Erskine possibly and one or two of the keepers cohort?

23 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Keown hopefully, Erskine possibly and one or two of the keepers cohort?

Would hate to see Erskine punted by Caldwell. The guy was absolutely distraught to see us go down!

Caldwell has given him next to no game time at all. Then he gets 45 minutes on Saturday and all of a sudden you start to see the Doolan of old. 

Most of us will still be able to easily recall O'Donnell absolutely roasting Cardle to the point that he offered him a square go outside afterwards.

Again though, sad fact of the matter is that he's probably better than what we've got; can't be any worse than Storey surely?

Not sure what his stats were like last season at Dunfermline but I would imagine he teed up a number of goals for Clark - something that Dools hasn't had the fortune of for some time.

1 minute ago, dave.j said:

Would hate to see Erskine punted by Caldwell. The guy was absolutely distraught to see us go down!

Caldwell has given him next to no game time at all. Then he gets 45 minutes on Saturday and all of a sudden you start to see the Doolan of old. 

This.

I'm surprised more hasn't been made on just how much better Doolan looked having Erskine behind him. Although he isn't 2013 Erskine he is still the most dangerous player in our squad and it really annoys me how little game time Caldwell had given him

4 minutes ago, dave.j said:

I’ll be sad to see Erskine go but for reasons you mention and others it looks like the writing could be on the wall for his time at Firhill :(