The Partick Thistle thread

Heard someone at the game say they were worried about Doolan going to Ayr United in January. I’d be delighted if he went- has contributed feck all this season, is done and I would suspect a high earner

Wouldn’t thank you for him. We’ve absolutely no need for another striker so I can’t see it happening.

1 hour ago, Reid said:

We should bin Caldwell now. We won’t though, we’ll make the same mistake as last season.

Not disagreeing but with the club seemingly still paying Archie and Shaggy till the end of the season (contract) they would then need to pay off Caldwell and Kerr and then bring in another manager and assistant. No club getting 2500 crowds can afford that scenario. Have no idea what the answer is. The club is an utter shambles at the moment. Just as an aside, spoke to Dools up in hospitality and he said that he didnt know that Storeys flick was going in and he just stuck his leg out on instinct. Slighty better news is thst Coulibaly told me he should be fit for next week......if selected!!!

Edited by Sting777

I don't want to state the obvious guys but how far have we fallen recently, I've just looked at the table we are now 25 points adrift from the team which was relegated along with us and they were automatically relegated and we went via the playoffs, i think the whole problem between the end of last season and now solely lies at the door of all the board and Mr Britton ( i wont call him chief executive cos that is a joke in its self). 90 percent of the playing staff a garbage at best but lets not blame the players if someone is daft enough to give you a job which you are shite at and pay you to do it would you say i don't want that wage I'll go and clear shelves cos I'm good at that. For me the board can f**k OFF ASAP

59 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Heard someone at the game say they were worried about Doolan going to Ayr United in January. I’d be delighted if he went- has contributed feck all this season, is done and I would suspect a high earner

The guy's literally got a Testimonial Committee. You really do talk a power of shite third lanark.

Still, if the best goalscorer for the Club in living memory gets punted in January at least we can bring in Pat Clarke.

2 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

The guy's literally got a Testimonial Committee. You really do talk a power of shite third lanark.

Still, if the best goalscorer for the Club in living memory gets punted in January at least we can bring in Pat Clarke.

He’s been crap all season that’s not a power of shite that’s a fact

3 of the 4 players above Doolan in the records are within living memory (for some of our older fans).

Don’t disagree with the gist of your post all the same.

That video of Caldwell and Low from the other day was horrific. Firstly, there was no point in Low being there since she contributed nothing to the interview, and was largely sat there gazing at Caldwell, and his managerial Brent-isms. Secondly, Caldwell is clearly looked at favourably by the board because he’s willing to do all the work that they’re supposed to be doing. Completing a report for players they want in January, including costing? Perhaps I’m wrong, but surely it is Gerry Britton’s job to work out the costing, and not that big-headed fuckwit. The less for the board to do, the better.

Caldwell will get at least another 12 months, regardless of the division we are in. I will not be renewing my season ticket next year if he is still the manager of the club, regardless of what division we are in.

35 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

If there is one reliable consistent in the unpredictable world of supporting Thistle it’s Third Lanark talking utter mince, usually focused on whatever his pet hate/favourite is that month. 

Never change. 

10 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

“We have a nucleus of players who have the right mindset and are good enough but we need to add more players with quality and the right attitude so we can win more games of football.”

Gary Caldwell should surely be taken in for a drug test for these comments.

I am more worried by the fact that he has given Harkins an 18 month contract and if rumours are to be believed wants to give Scobbie a 2 year contract if Und free him!!

“We have a nucleus of players who have the right mindset and are good enough but we need to add more players with quality and the right attitude so we can win more games of football.”
Why? What do you find wrong with this statement?

2 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Not disagreeing but with the club seemingly still paying Archie and Shaggy till the end of the season (contract) they would then need to pay off Caldwell and Kerr and then bring in another manager and assistant. No club getting 2500 crowds can afford that scenario. Have no idea what the answer is. The club is an utter shambles at the moment. Just as an aside, spoke to Dools up in hospitality and he said that he didnt know that Storeys flick was going in and he just stuck his leg out on instinct. Slighty better news is thst Coulibaly told me he should be fit for next week......if selected!!!

Why is Archie still getting paid looked upon as a bad thing? Surely it's a good thing as instead of taking his pay off in one fat payment like most managers, and potential effecting our January transfer window, he's doing us a favour and taking it in instalments.

26 minutes ago, NotAFan said:
58 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Why? What do you find wrong with this statement?

A nucleus of players who are good enough ? You agree with that ? Do you think he's right ? Are you not a Cowdenbeath fan ?