The Partick Thistle thread

Of the many things the previous management could have been blamed for I don't think not keeping him is one, he didn't look like cutting it in either of his loan spells at this level.

He's obviously young enough to improve and whether he's doing that with Raith or just seal clubbing part time teams (with a few penalties thrown in) and will struggle again at championship level we'll find out if Raith come up. 

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 13:25, Pie Of The Month said:

Miles Storey is still out on the obstacle course confused as to how running in a straight line isn't getting him anywhere. 

Jack Storer taught the Para's a thing or two about hand to hand combat.

On 28/11/2018 at 15:22, Big Dan said:

Jack Storer taught the Para's a thing or two about hand to hand combat.

Kris Doolan just revealed on Sportsound that he was greeting during the team bonding session :lol:

Brice Ntambwe got out and ran away but it took four SAS to put him down. Jack Storer was crying at one point. Looking back, I thought it was very worthwhile and a lot of character-building and skills we can take back to the pitch. It'll certainly bring people closer.

:lol:

12 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Just putting it out there, but perhaps we dodged a bullet not hiring Neilson.

Even if our dodge was into the face of another bullet. Literally, judging by the reports on the away day.

Hard to say as reading the Pre match stuff before their dabacle he has been working on fitness as a primary concern.

Also like Falkirk they have no recognised right back. 

Bottom line though was McCall got his tactics spot on and his team all seemed to perform well. In fact it should've of been more than 5 imo.

Interesting to see what he does in the January sales.

However it seems he has done a good job since he came in to the outsiders viewpoint.

Then again anything would be better than Csaba...

31 minutes ago, fuctifacare said:

After seeing what Ayr and Shankland in particular, dished out to the Arabs, can I make Ayr my big team. Since I dont have one yet and that includes english and european leagues I reckon I could get away with this one no problem.

Very impressive performance. However keep the faith. Either Caldwell does his job and gets us up the league or he gets punted and we can  get McCall back in charge...:angel

looking like the best we can now hope for is 8th. Next two fixtures are against teams directly above us. Absolutely no wriggle room to get away with shitey, soft 1-0 defeats or even draws in either of them. Can probably write off the County game already, they looked significantly better than us all over the park in Archibald's final game.

Merry christmas, everyone.

Alright lads, how's the season going?

It was the sensible thing taking a step back into the diddy leagues to rebuild and come back stronger, suppose we'll see the fruits of that lottery money soon enough. Always remember to play the thistle way, don't let these part time cloggers drag you down, all the best Tam xx.

On 18/11/2018 at 23:24, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Looking forward to a handful of Thistle fans jumping into random Falkirk threads in the year 2025 and making posts along the lines of "Were Falkirk missing a few of their key players?" and "At least Falkirk had a full squad available for this match".

Oh no wait, that's right, we're not those Perthshire weirdos that crop up in here from time to time. Nevermind.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Alright lads, how's the season going?

It was the sensible thing taking a step back into the diddy leagues to rebuild and come back stronger, suppose we'll see the fruits of that lottery money soon enough. Always remember to play the thistle way, don't let these part time cloggers drag you down, all the best Tam xx.