The Partick Thistle thread

I wonder if Caldwell felt he went OTT after the Morton game and is trying a one man good cop bad cop approach, knowing that he's got to keep the players onside, even the ones he doesn't want for another 5 games (max).

On that note, I wonder now we're in the championship and staking our hopes (rightly or wrongly) on January window turnaround, whether we'll find the cost of running the USH prohibitive this season? Particularly for any December home games...

I was at the game - outstanding we were not! We were marginally less dreadful than Falkirk in my opinion .... BUT a point to stop the rot is certainly preferable to 8 consecutive defeats.
This and the Scotland game in the evening made it my chirpiest weekend for long enough (I obviously do not lead an exciting life)

What is the point of Miles Storey?

Still think getting him and Conor Sammon on the last day of last season's transfer window had the feel of Archie wanting only one of them.

And then having to take the two of them because of the way  the negotiations went.

Archie hadn't a clue how to integrate Dools, Sammon and Storey into anything consistent, meaningful or effective last season.

The obvious interpretation, I will leave to the reader.

12 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Still think getting him and Conor Sammon on the last day of last season's transfer window had the feel of Archie wanting only one of them.

And then having to take the two of them because of the way  the negotiations went.

Archie hadn't a clue how to integrate Dools, Sammon and Storey into anything consistent, meaningful or effective last season.

Miles Storey doesn't appreciate free pizza, is what I got.  

15 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

We didn't sign Storey and Sammon on the last day of the window. We signed them both on Friday 11th August.

At that stage? Quite a lot.

Probably better to focus on the back to back pant-shittings vs Dundee and Accies or the utterly abject 0-1 vs a Motherwell side with nothing to play for other than not getting injured for the cup final in our last home game, or indeed the playoffs themselves.

6 hours ago, the_paulo said:

Weird timing unless he's injured or took the huff.  Whatevs.

He's not had a sniff under Caldwell so probably best he has moved on for his development. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if there was a Ross County type January clear out. Can’t see Scobbie or Jefferies (if is still alive) extending. Storer will be away. I’d be trying to bin Storey, Elliott, Bell, Mutumbo, Ntambwe, Lennox and Keown if possible.

You could make a case for pretty much everyone to be moved on during the January window bar Fitzpatrick, and probably Sneddon and Penrice on account of their relative youth.

The first season after we got promoted we shifted on about 6 or 7 guys in the transfer window including a couple we'd only signed that summer who had been hopeless (John Baird and Mark Kerr), this has to be similar. The 3 remaining on loan can go, including Gordon, not much point in him being here to be fit come March / April time unless we're paying zero of his wages.

Only Bell, O'Ware, McGinty, Penrice and Fitzpatrick are contracted beyond the end of the season so I think we'd struggle to get rid of Bell and we'll probably have to sign around 4 defenders so I'd keep Keown until the end of the season so we don't have to sign a 5th. Agree with everyone else on the exit list if we can.

10 hours ago, Reid said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if there was a Ross County type January clear out. Can’t see Scobbie or Jefferies (if is still alive) extending. Storer will be away. I’d be trying to bin Storey, Elliott, Bell, Mutumbo, Ntambwe, Lennox and Keown if possible.

I'd keep Keown.