The Partick Thistle thread

Sadly, it does highlight the complete capitulation we’ve had. Between 14/15 and 16/17 we finished ahead of Kilmarnock all three seasons and had the better of the head to head. Next year, there’s a good chance Killie will be in Europe and we’ll be playing Peterhead and Montrose.

Even taking into consideration the Steve Clarke factor, where realistically he’s too good to be managing in Scotland at all, let alone at Kilmarnock, it has been a staggering level of decline from us in the past two years.

You know that c**t in the pub that butts into your conversation and creates a tenuous link between what you are talking about and himself so he can talk some more about himself? 

That's Dindeleux. 

The poster Dindeleux takes his moniker from the defender Freddie Dindeleux. I once met Freddie Flintoff in a Birmingham bar.

I had travelled down for a business trip or an interview and I went to the test match. Afterwards I returned to the hotel. The hotel was where Malaga were staying.

So at the time Michael Laudrup was the manager of Malaga. He was at the bar too, speaking with his assistant and Freddie Flintoff and a couple of opposition cricket players.

Laudrup had a half of Guinness and a pint of lager. The cricket players were drinking lager tops.

I smiled and nodded politely at them. I think we shared a moment.

Since we beat you 2-0 in Clarke’s first game at Firhill last year Partick have taken 39 league points from 42 games.

We’ve taken 83 in the same period. Quite incredible.

It wasn’t Clarke’s first game. He got announced that morning, but wasn’t in charge of the team.

34 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I remember Pars ended a Thistle losing streak in 2003 with an appalling goalless draw at EEP. I was a ball boy and I almost fell asleep.

According to soccerbase that was only 2 games.  Might have been a losing streak at EEP as we went about 25 years without a win there until 2009/10 ish.

4 hours ago, Jason King said:

From the clubs twitter,

Partick Thistle can confirm that Junior Mendes has left the Club.

Junior arrived at Thistle in 2015 and has overseen the sports science department over the last three years.

Everyone at the Club wishes Junior well in his future career.

Away back to St Mirren. While not blaming him directly its astonishing the amount of long term injuries the club has had in the last 2/3 years! Some turn over in staff in the last 6 months. Maxwell, Beattie, Marcin, McKenzie, Paterson, Archibald, Mendes and a wad of players released. 

Edited by Sting777

13 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Away back to St Mirren. While not blaming him directly its astonishing the amount of long term injuries the club has had in the last 2/3 years! Some turn over in staff in the last 6 months. Maxwell, Beattie, Marcin, McKenzie, Paterson, Archibald, Mendes and a wad of players released. 

The physio left or is leaving as well. It's almost like we suffered an excruciating relegation last season...

16 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

McNamara joins Twitter LOL

Check out @Jackie_Mc4’s Tweet:

I wasn't sure whether to plead with him to come back or post a shite Photoshop of a rat over his face...

Spoiler

I went for the latter.

download.jpeg.d82d5687cff6b84165423e7e173e83bd.jpeg

17 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Thanks for the memories, Junior. I've really enjoyed the constant injuries we've had since you took over as sports scientist and fitness coach.

45 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

The physio left or is leaving as well. It's almost like we suffered an excruciating relegation last season...

Not to mention the enjoyable sight of injured players recovering - only to disappear immediately with other injuries. Oh, and did anybody mention icepacks for existing injuries, or the flexibility of "six weeks"?

Maybe Caldwell is preparing us for a better future after all. -_-