The Partick Thistle thread

On 23/08/2018 at 17:31, Mon Dieu said:

A decision was only made by FIFA in April 2018. Now that FIFA’s Dispute Resolution Centre has made their decision, Coulibaly can join another club.

Coulibaly is due to pay $1.4m+ whereas Al-Ahly are due to pay $26,400+.

Coulibaly can play for Partick Thistle regardless — at least until the end of this season.

On 25/08/2018 at 10:55, Mon Dieu said:

I spent a good 15 minutes reading some FIFA rules — I think I know what I’m talking about... 

He’ll be playing within two months.

If he isn’t, we’ll let you sign Steven Whittaker.

2bhqEmh.png

Couplibaly

We'll still let you sign Steven Whittaker...

Please sign Steven Whittaker.

Edited by Mon Dieu

Hoping he gets his fitness and form back between now and May, resolves the situation at the end of the season and then its a case of home is where the heart is.

Coulibally and Boyd leading the line for our reserves sounds glorious.

Other diddy clubs don't have the UK's top lawyer on the case-

pixel.gif&key=51bd8553324c7e13a3539d12cb9162efdf1172461dcf8a7ea450127719e2443bpixel.gif&key=51bd8553324c7e13a3539d12cb9162efdf1172461dcf8a7ea450127719e2443bimage.png.04d76168a6660ae8388ea4f037a771b1.png

Isn’t the sombrero from Mexico? Never mind. He does remind me of someone who used to score goals for Thistle.

Drove past Firhill last night after work and didn't see the street party on Firhill Road - was it up by the canal?

Hopefully it's the boost we need.  When we actually start playing decent stuff and linking midfield and attack, without needing our only forward to come ridiculously deep to get it, leaving no-one up to actually benefit, we look pretty good.  f**k defence, we cannae do it.  Just throw as many forwards and forward-thinking midfielders on and leave Bannigan sitting or something.  We might end up midtable with a goal difference of -1, having scored 100 but conceded 101, but at least we'll have given it a go.

37 minutes ago, forameus said:

Drove past Firhill last night after work and didn't see the street party on Firhill Road - was it up by the canal?

Hopefully it's the boost we need.  When we actually start playing decent stuff and linking midfield and attack, without needing our only forward to come ridiculously deep to get it, leaving no-one up to actually benefit, we look pretty good.  f**k defence, we cannae do it.  Just throw as many forwards and forward-thinking midfielders on and leave Bannigan sitting or something.  We might end up midtable with a goal difference of -1, having scored 100 but conceded 101, but at least we'll have given it a go.

It has to be said, given that we've had defenders the calibre of Alan and Shaggy in charge, that's a damning observation.