The Partick Thistle thread

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Would be shocked if we could afford Caddis but would be a cracking signing.
He's getting on a bit, but Gary Irvine is a free agent as well. Would surely do a job in the short term.

Gary Irvine is 33 now but could do a decent job this season. There are not many free agents who would be affordable.

A Transfermkt  search came up with Brendan Maloney, 29. He has been a regular starter Northampton Town in League One  in the last two seasons. 

Hi, 

I spoke with your ex-defender Danny Devine recently for the Official DAFC Match-Day Programme. 

Amongst other things, he speaks about his time at Partick Thistle. 

He started the season off well as the left centre back of a 3 but was taken off against Ayr after 30 mins and has rarely featured since, mainly due to injury and then illness, but, probably also due to what seems lime a falling out with the manager, after being unhappy at getting replaced against Ayr. 

I think he's a good defender for this level and I feel her one of Dunfermline's best defenders this season, too. 

Link.

Thanks. :)

This season reminds me of season 04/05 under Britton and Whyte in many respects.

There was some degree of optimism going into this season with talk of us refusing to cut the budget and aiming for an immediate return to the top flight.

We’ve managed to win all of our home games so far, but we have been far from convincing and most people know that they are only papering over the cracks. The manager doesn’t seem to be in any immediate danger of losing his job and if he is allowed to carry on, there’s a real chance that this season will end the same way as our season in 2005 did.

Jacqui Lowe’s start as Chairman has been pretty disasterous so far. It’s time she had the courage to make the correct decision before it is too late.

Edited by Hammer Jag