The Partick Thistle thread

If what I read earlier is right, the dispute is solely money based between Coulibaly and his club. Not sure how keeping him from earning a wage is going to help solve the case! He plays well with us the likelyhood is that a far bigger club will pick him up and the money situation might be solved. 

Edited by Sting777

23 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

If what I read earlier is right, the dispute is solely money based between Coulibaly and his club. Not sure how keeping him from earning a wage is going to help solve the case! He plays well with us the likelyhood is that a far bigger club will pick him up and the money situation might be solved. 

I think it's a matter of principle aswell. 

Fifa won't allow it due to the precedent it would set. If players find out they can walk out on contracts and sign elsewhere with no issues apart from paying back their contract over a few years, football would be fucked for smaller teams. 

17 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

We all know which way this is going. Fifa will refuse permission.

Not if the SFA can help it. They are taking up Thistle's case... and we

know how well they deal with things:rolleyes:  I am in your camp... FIFA will

throw out any chance of him playing any time soon.

On 12/09/2018 at 14:47, Midlife Crisis said:

It's clear from the Chief Exec comments that Archibald is not under threat and has a job for life. Quite incredible that the board cannot see what we can all see. I believe that there is now a majority of fans who want to see change in the management team and if we lose this weekend, it will be near impossible for Gerry or chairman or anyone else not to do that.

I have watched the Chief Executive's latest effort on camera... the word pathetic 

springs to mind.  Ger... why dont you listen to the fans and if results continue as

they have done - especially a lack domestic wins alone ( which  elsewhere would

result in the manager being replaced) - clear out the entire backroom staff? 

2 minutes ago, Adrian Madaschi said:

Sena signs for the reserves.

Came through the Jimmy Johnstone Academy.  His mother had

problems obtaining a visa to stay in the country, but that has 

eventually been resolved.. Sena's development continued with

the excellent and dedicated coaches at Pollok Under-19s, and

his potential was spotted by the Juniors set-up. From what I

have seen, his best position is in central defence. Juniors manager

Tony McInally has used him in midfield, and he has become a big

favourite with the Newlandsfield Park supporters. Can I wish this

man every success at senior level.

What position did he play? He's played CB for us in the reserve games and and been ragdolled but also been mentioned he's a CM. Obviously still very young and he's got 2 and a bit years on his deal which, along with the actual work permit uncertainty being removed should give him a bit more stability.

How long are the Partick Thistle board going to wait, until the team becomes detached from any potential play off slot ?

Archibald has been a loyal servant to the club and had a good spell as manager, but seems to have lost the ability to sign decent players as well as not being able to teach the team how to defend.

Time to go before he tarnishes all the good things he has done in the past, thanks for the memories, please don't sour it by hanging on by your fingernails.

How long are the Partick Thistle board going to wait, until the team becomes detached from any potential play off slot ?
Archibald has been a loyal servant to the club and had a good spell as manager, but seems to have lost the ability to sign decent players as well as not being able to teach the team how to defend.
Time to go before he tarnishes all the good things he has done in the past, thanks for the memories, please don't sour it by hanging on by your fingernails.

We’ll be hurtling towards the seaside leagues before the board apply even a hint of pressure on Archie.

Maxwell said last September the board won't wait around forever for the season to turn around. Since he said that we've won 10 out of 40 league games (including the 2 playoff games) and been relegated.

Safe to say the club will wait a while longer.

Edited by Pie Of The Month