The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, NotAFan said:

Am I missing something re Neilson? Yes, he did a good job at Hearts but was given more than a helping hand by Levein. He then didn't do very well at MK Dons. Not the most impressive CV. Not the nicest bloke you'll meet either, apparently.

Safe to say you’re not a fan?

We don’t need a manager who will be their mate. We need a manager they’ll obey.

29 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Did McCall not leave Thistle a few years back .

Had to leave nothing to do with football let's just say Thistle had no choice to get rid of him .

I tapped both of these several times waiting for a link to pop up, you underlining c**t. 

19 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Did McCall not leave Thistle a few years back .

Had to leave nothing to do with football let's just say Thistle had no choice to get rid of him .

Cause he was rattling the jiz and punting like f**k, mind i broke the exclusive and Nizzy threatened me with court action:whistle

On 9/15/2018 at 01:33, Rednyella said:

I’m sick of us only playing for 80 minutes and never learning that holding onto a 1 goal lead and then defending it is going to end in disaster.

I miss the days we used to play for 80 mins.  We're good for half that now.

"The current contractual provision in place means the Club is not required to make any financial outlay to Souleymane until his registration is approved."

On 24/08/2018 at 18:23, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I think if I've read that right he's signed a contract (and in fact had to do so prior to the club seeking international clearance); I believe it's correct to say that there's no cost with the club seeking clearance but it's potentially going to be a nightmare if we fail to get clearance (I'm thinking something akin to being Tidsered) unless the contract is provisional and can be cancelled if we can't register him to play:

Looks like it is indeed provisional - also ties in  with the earlier statement made regarding his signing being of no financial risk to the club.

Trying to get a read on what happens next - no clue what the information requested from the Egyptian FA by FIFA bit relates to - but from that deadline of the 21/09/2018 for them to respond I would guess we'll have a final answer on whether he can ever play for Thistle by (let's say a week later?) the 28th. Unless of course there's appeals against decisions or other sorts of fun still to come that can protract things even more.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely