The Partick Thistle thread

On 14/09/2018 at 13:42, Lord Rosebury said:

The club become  proactive in giving regular information to the fans about what's currently going on at the club; only for it to be compared to North Korean propaganda by some fans.  Aye. 

“Regular information”

No. News-free propaganda and berating.

15 hours ago, Rednyella said:

Their scared to death of the fans completely turning on Archie. There is no doubt these are done to try and get fans to stop the booing and abuse when we play like toilet. I would think the best way to stop fans from being negative is to not lose goals late on in the game and play the full 90 minutes. I’m sick of us only playing for 80 minutes and never learning that holding onto a 1 goal lead and then defending it is going to end in disaster.

To be fair we have not lost any late goals today 

I make that:

P7 W3 D0 L4 away from home so far this season.

Problem is that those W3 were all against lower league teams (Challenge Cup first round + League Cup group stages.)

Home record so far is decent enough barring a home group stage loss to Ayr Utd.

A quick look at the text commentary looks like we've conceded 2 set piece goals conceded today + 2 conceded against Dundee Utd (think Falkirks came after a scrambled corner too, plus Ayr Utd scored a penalty in the league game) so setting up better from set-pieces, working on defending the penalty box better in general to stop giving away slack penalties and finding a better way to set-up away from home would seem to be areas of real concern.

I can't see Archibald leaving anytime soon unless he somehow gets a job offer elsewhere, they gave him the whole transfer window and he's inexplicably survived after Killie 5 - 1, Hearts 3-0, County 4-0 and the playoff loss.

We're certainly not going up automatically (the season we went up we only lost 4 league games in the whole season, we've already lost 3 so far and we're not even into October) and I've not got much hope we can repeat the scraping-up-through-playoffs-despite-being-shite trick managed at Peterhead, especially seeing as it'd be a top-flight side we'd be up against this time around.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely