The Partick Thistle thread

4 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Wasn’t at the game today, has an Archibald side ever looked that interested in any form of cup game though? Embarrassing, yes, but we should be far more interested in our league form in the coming months.

The time for him to go was Christmas last year, he saved his skin with a couple of good results at that time and the gamble was taken to keep him on. He also could have gone after the play-off.

There’s a real managerial carousel happening in Scottish football currently which it may be best not to be caught up in. 

If we aren’t challenging near the top of the league at Christmas this year he should be gone. He doesn’t seem to get the best out of players.

Agreed. Let's keep a fucking dreadful manager who could and should have been sacked at any point in at least the last 12 months because we might end up appointing someone else who is shite.

I don't mind admitting that I have backed Archie through thick and thin,  but today is the final straw.  I think a manager can stay at a club too long and that is the case with Archie. It has been stale for the last 18 months and he doesn't appear to have any idea on how to rectify the staleness. In reality he should have left the club after getting us into the top 6 as we were never going to better that. Any cup run/win is welcome at a club like ours where success is very rare. Today was calamitous. I dare say he had one objective set by the board for this season, but I think his time has finally run out, though I haven't a scooby who we could get to replace him. If Dools was 4 years older he would be a shoe in, with Erskine as his assistant. I would take Neilson in a heartbeat but can't see him joining us.

Edited by Sting777

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Agreed. Let's keep a fucking dreadful manager who could and should have been sacked at any point in at least the last 12 months because we might end up appointing someone else who is shite.

I wanted him gone throughout last season and after the play-off and relegation and have criticised the “who do we bring in?” argument of the Archibald apologists on a number of occasions.

I would just rather have a candidate with a bit of thought, rather than John Hughes in next week because we lost our shit after a challenge cup game and several teams in Scotland are looking for new managers.

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

The last thing we need is another manager that is wee best pals with the club  Imo, if Archie wasn't such a big part of the club so many years he'd have had his jotters for making an absolute c**t of it last season.

The fact Storer was picked today after his red card for the reserves shows imo that our manager is a soft touch, he himself stated that he made mistakes putting trust in the wrong players last season.

He's pretty much being naive as f**k yet again.

Edited by Thistle4eva

It's now reaching the point that people are backing the manager beyond the good of the club.

He can't surely brush this bullet away again?

I hear Jonaton Johansson is available...

14 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

It's now reaching the point that people are backing the manager beyond the good of the club.

He can't surely brush this bullet away again?

I hear Jonaton Johansson is available...

I assume you mean the board. Cant think of many supporters that will be backing him after today. I dont see him getting sacked before Xmas unless we are well out the running , even for a play off place. Given the form of the last 18 months he is the luckiest manager in the country. Cant think of any other club that wouldnt have sacked him by now!

Edited by Sting777

Bottom line is the real acts of squad assembly that have reaped rewards in the last decade were done first by McCall and then, dare I say it, by McNamara. A solid wheeler dealer to get things going then a "big name" who players would sign for because he pure played for Sellick an' aw that, who also took things like player conditioning and fitness very seriously. Also in McNamara's case a name the board would sit up and listen to and not someone who will do a pals act.

Archie doesn't have the name recognition, he doesn't have the contacts, and by the looks of it he doesn't even have the authority or ideas. He came into management against the backdrop of a side that had ability, flair and togetherness and just needed a bit of steel to keep the heads level.

What we need now is something much different. We need someone to light a fireworks box under the team until we can do some business in the January window. That definitely means no internal appointment, much as I like the idea of Dools and/or Erskine eventually developing different roles at the club.

Edited by Ad Lib

1 minute ago, Ad Lib said:

Colin Quinn telling people on Twitter to get behind the team or stop going to games.

Says the guy who literally boycotted Firhill while Campbell was manager and never shut up about it.

Glad someone else brought it up to save me doing it. The guy is a tadger giving the young team grief when at least they actually turn up despite wanting rid of the manager. He's lucky the club don't hand out the bans he's hoping they'd give to people or he'd have been gone years ago.

5 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Glad someone else brought it up to save me doing it. The guy is a tadger giving the young team grief when at least they actually turn up despite wanting rid of the manager. He's lucky the club don't hand out the bans he's hoping they'd give to people or he'd have been gone years ago.

He is now denying having boycotted or said that he did so...