The Partick Thistle thread

Archie began by explaining his disappointment with his side who lost the game’s first two goals to set plays.

“There wasn’t much in it. Neither team created an awful lot and in the end it’s the set pieces that kill us. We work on them a lot but you can’t tell when the same player gets two free headers in one match like that. We know teams in this league will use set pieces well and we need to be better at defending them.”

The gaffer was pleased with how his side came out for the second half but felt that the second goal really killed Thistle’s spirit.

“We had a good spell after half time where we looked like we were starting to control things. We had a couple of half chances and then Blair Spittal has a great headed chance which he should score. If that goes in then the game is completely different but instead, we switch off and give them the two-goal lead.”

How can he pleased with fucking anything ? 3 points out of 9 .Supposed to be Challenging for promotion and  he’s pleased with how we started a second half. Can we please just get him to f**k now

1 hour ago, BdenJag said:

Too young mate. Needs protected.

Mind that time Mbappe got “protected”?

No, me neither. He has a World Cup medal and had barely formed in his mother’s womb when Scotland lost 3-0 to Morocco.

I can’t believe Storer and Spittal started today and Fitzpatrick didn’t. Storer is yet another signing that doesn’t really have a position.. He has no fucking clue where he’s most effective. yet he’s starting before Fitzpatrick who is one of those players you know exactly what your getting. Fucking madness

11 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

I can’t believe Storer and Spittal started today and Fitzpatrick didn’t. Storer is yet another signing that doesn’t really have a position.. He has no fucking clue where he’s most effective. yet he’s starting before Fitzpatrick who is one of those players you know exactly what your getting. Fucking madness

Storey and Spittal played well today.  Storer was good before he went off. I'm assuming you weren't at the game?

8 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Storey and Spittal played well today.  Storer was good before he went off. I'm assuming you weren't at the game?

I wasn’t at the game I’ve only been to the home games this season. Just from what I’ve seen Fitzpatrick is a lot more effective than storer or Spittal ? I didn’t say they didn’t play well ? Do you not think Fitzpatrick would have caused DU more problems than the 2 mentioned ?

Not Storey .. Storer

Edited by Thistle4eva

1 hour ago, Firhill_Basin said:

Some brutal patter aimed at VT on this thread. 

He's know relishing a potentially serious knee injury to Tam O'Ware. Swings and roundabouts really...

1 minute ago, Thistle4eva said:

I wasn’t at the game I’ve only been to the home games this season. Just from what I’ve seen Fitzpatrick is a lot more effective than storer or Spittal ? I didn’t say they didn’t play well ? Do you not think Fitzpatrick would have caused DU more problems than the 2 mentioned ?

Neither play in the same position. There is certainly a case for Fitzpatrick but your not helping it.

1 hour ago, Thistle4eva said:

Archie began by explaining his disappointment with his side who lost the game’s first two goals to set plays.

Image result for alan partridge gif shrug

.”

How can he pleased with fucking anything ? 3 points out of 9 .Supposed to be Challenging for promotion and  he’s pleased with how we started a second half. Can we please just get him to f**k now

I would be extremely surprised if he gets sacked before Christmas.

13 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I would be extremely surprised if he gets sacked before Christmas.

Can’t see it either sadly. 3 points out of 9 when 2 of the games have been at home isn’t good enough. If we are being realistic about promotion.

Signing a player that can’t play ? It’s the sort of mistakes we made last season paying wages for someone who can’t get on the pitch! It’s a gamble similar to giving Fraser and Bannigan new contracts. Hoping for the best IMO. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to be proved wrong but I can’t see it.

Edited by Thistle4eva

16 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Can’t see it either sadly. 3 points out of 9 when 2 of the games have been at home isn’t good enough. If we are being realistic about promotion.

Signing a player that can’t play ? It’s the sort of mistakes we made last season paying wages for someone who can’t get on the pitch! It’s a gamble similar to giving Fraser and Bannigan new contracts. Hoping for the best IMO. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to be proved wrong but I can’t see it.

Two away games, one at home! 100% league  record at Firhill......for the moment!

Edited by Sting777

13 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

We have had only 1 game at home and we won it.

The club is a bit of a shambles to be honest. We bring in two badly needed players in midweek, but one is unlikely to play for us any time soon and the other isn't fit. The season has started, we need players coming in that can hit the ground running.