The Partick Thistle thread

3 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

It would be great to have the piece quoting McInnes on his situation, though.

Thanks in advance.

He was asked about him on the radio after the shite on twitter and said it wasn't possible. Was mentioned in one those "rumour" bullet point articles but fucked if I can find it again. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was asked about him on the radio after the shite on twitter and said it wasn't possible. Was mentioned in one those "rumour" bullet point articles but fucked if I can find it again. 

She's from another school, you wouldn't know her.

7 minutes ago, thisal said:

i assumed when the club said he had "signed subject to international clearance" That meant  if his clearance doesn't happen he doesn't sign. I thought that was a reasonable way to go  Am I missing something?

Fair point. I think some of us are just amazed at the comic cuts developments in this situation if, as Nizzy points out, two people with similar names get in a terrible fix over a piece of paper.

I can't see anything on the CAS website about the dispute. Perhaps it's a footnote or wasn't settle there. I do find it fascinating that an arbitration body publishes its bank details on a public website. Nothing to see here, I suppose ... 

cas_snip.PNG

25 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

I always wonder about Just Employment Law whether they mean they reach fair outcomes or if it means they do literally no other law.

Employment Law only...:green

Coulibaly’s rant seemed to be just that. I believe he was just pointing out to someone that Al-Ahly is also due to pay an amount. I read the letters as they were clearly visible at certain points of the video; I think a lot of us are misunderstanding the situation.

I’m not quite sure that Souleymane understood the letters himself, going by the way he stuttered about the deadline to lodge an appeal as if it backed-up what he was arguing. It was totally irrelevant to what he was saying.

If Coulibaly hasn’t paid the amount due, his next employer (Partick Thistle — and he can sign for them) can help him pay the amount. The amount will be amortised and can be paid incrementally, unless he lodged an appeal before the deadline.

The same goes for Al-Ahly: they must pay Coulibaly the amount due unless they have lodged an appeal before the deadline.

If Coulibaly or Al-Ahly have not appealed the ruling, the player should be eligible to join another club. Neither party has to pay the amount due within the time limit on the papers he held up; the deadlines on the paper were solely for the cut-off point to lodge an appeal - one for the claimant and one for the counter-claimant.

If neither have paid the amounts, interest is applied to the amount until it is paid. Partick Thistle may have made an agreement with Coulibaly to help pay off the amount due in exchange for his services or Coulibaly may be in the process of paying Al-Ahly; perhaps it is already paid for. Coulibaly should be able to sign for another club even if the full amount is yet to be paid.

He may take a while to get up to speed, but he is an outstanding coup for Partick Thistle. I am inclined to believe that the owners and/or club may have offered to help with the instalments paid to Al-Ahly whilst he is at the club. If Coulibaly has appealed the case, he would still be eligible to play for the current season while the case is brought to the Court of Arbitration for Sport — if necessary.

That is just what I have gathered from FIFA’s myriad rules & recent amendments. I could be completely wide of the mark but I believe I’m a bit closer than people suggesting the Thistled Ivorian is getting mixed-up.

A tremendous signing.

Edited by Mon Dieu

28 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Excellent post and seems pretty well informed.

One question though: why has Coulibaly been unable to sign for a club until now when he had his contract terminated just over a year ago?

A decision was only made by FIFA in April 2018. Now that FIFA’s Dispute Resolution Centre has made their decision, Coulibaly can join another club.

Coulibaly is due to pay $1.4m+ whereas Al-Ahly are due to pay $26,400+.

Coulibaly can play for Partick Thistle regardless — at least until the end of this season.

Edited by Mon Dieu

Coulibaly’s rant seemed to be just that. I believe he was just pointing out to someone that Al-Ahly is also due to pay an amount. I read the letters as they were clearly visible at certain points of the video; I think a lot of us are misunderstanding the situation.
I’m not quite sure that Souleymane understood the letters himself, going by the way he stuttered about the deadline to lodge an appeal as if it backed-up what he was arguing. It was totally irrelevant to what he was saying.

If Coulibaly hasn’t paid the amount due, his next employer (Partick Thistle — and he can sign for them) can help him pay the amount. The amount will be amortised and can be paid incrementally, unless he lodged an appeal before the deadline.
The same goes for Al-Ahly: they must pay Coulibaly the amount due unless they have lodged an appeal before the deadline.
If Coulibaly or Al-Ahly have not appealed the ruling, the player should be eligible to join another club. Neither party has to pay the amount due within the time limit on the papers he held up; the deadlines on the paper were solely for the cut-off point to lodge an appeal - one for the claimant and one for the counter-claimant.
If neither have paid the amounts, interest is applied to the amount until it is paid. Partick Thistle may have made an agreement with Coulibaly to help pay off the amount due in exchange for his services or Coulibaly may be in the process of paying Al-Ahly; perhaps it is already paid for. Coulibaly should be able to sign for another club even if the full amount is yet to be paid.

He may take a while to get up to speed, but he is an outstanding coup for Partick Thistle. I am inclined to believe that the owners and/or club may have offered to help with the instalments paid to Al-Ahly whilst he is at the club. If Coulibaly has appealed the case, he would still be eligible to play for the current season while the case is brought to the Court of Arbitration for Sport — if necessary.
That is just what I have gathered from FIFA’s myriad rules & recent amendments. I could be completely wide of the mark but I believe I’m a bit closer than people suggesting the Thistled Ivorian is getting mixed-up.
A tremendous signing.
But RandomGuy. said...

If Coulibaly has appealed the case, he would still be eligible to play for the current season while the case is brought to the Court of Arbitration for Sport — if necessary.

This is probably the most plausible explanation. We get him for a season before he potentially returns to limbo should the CAS find in Al Alhay's favour.

1 hour ago, Mon Dieu said:

A tremendous signing.

Thanks for bringing a bit of clarity on this. I hope that your interpretation proves to be accurate.