The Partick Thistle thread

It would be incredibly amateur to have announced the signing, complete with interview about him being ready to play this week, if we weren’t confident of the “international clearance” obstacle being hurdled.

Incredibly amateur... Partick Thistle... hmm. We’ll see.

Edited by Nightmare

36 minutes ago, KelvindaleJag said:

It seems to have slipped under the radar here that the post of Lead Physiotherapist is being advertised, without any of the usual niceties over the previous incumbent (contributed to the club's progress, best wishes for the future, etc.). Maybe an optimistic announcement about Coulibaly ("subject to international clearance", i.e. it's not yet a done deal - very unusual for the club's announcements about signings) is being used to obscure that action is being taken after the previous season's disastrous medical record.

Jesus, Old Firm levels of tin foil hat.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Afaik, they haven’t done anything like this before. Their original action was to clear our bank debt, and since then they’ve been funding the youth academy to the tune of roughly £750k a year (apparently).

It's actually been £200k/£250k on a per year basis. The funding announcements have generally covered several years at a time.

1 hour ago, KelvindaleJag said:

It seems to have slipped under the radar here that the post of Lead Physiotherapist is being advertised, without any of the usual niceties over the previous incumbent (contributed to the club's progress, best wishes for the future, etc.). Maybe an optimistic announcement about Coulibaly ("subject to international clearance", i.e. it's not yet a done deal - very unusual for the club's announcements about signings) is being used to obscure that action is being taken after the previous season's disastrous medical record.

We didn't put any niceties in our job advert for development squad physio when both Ryan Wilkie and Ross Anderson left. Or when we changed Commercial Manager last summer. Or in the advert for Chief Exec(although obviously there was the stand alone announcement due to the nature of where Ian Maxwell was headed and the SFA were unveiling him). The current advert for a Lead Physiotherapist is as the result of the current incumbant handing in his notice having been offered a better paying job.

The line "subject to international clearance/subject to SFA approval" is a standard in every signing we've made this summer, and over the last few I imagine without going back. It's pretty standard - for example when we signed Mutombo we could not have received clearance due to his previous Club going bust and it potentially being tough to find officials from that Club to verify documentation.

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

At least Tony Watt can play for us :lol: fwiw he's got four goals in seven games already.. 

You continue believing the only reason you've got him is desire from the club and good fortune, while ignoring the reason both Hearts and Aberdeen have pulled out of deals for him over the past twelve months. 

You'll either find he gets refused clearance, or the Weirs have finally shown how far they'll go to subsidise your club. 

TLDR, I’ll assume it’s the same predictable pish

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

Of course it's a standard line but because of the unusual circumstances surrounding Coulibaly I think a further explanation would've been appreciated. 

I imagine it is down to the individual whether he wants the information shared. I wouldn't want my employer sharing personal information about my right to work there or visa or whatever. The club are not obliged to tell us anything about the particulars of his employment.

12 minutes ago, partick_twinny said:

I imagine it is down to the individual whether he wants the information shared. I wouldn't want my employer sharing personal information about my right to work there or visa or whatever. The club are not obliged to tell us anything about the particulars of his employment.

No one is claiming the club are obliged to tell us anything. 

I doubt your employer announce you've signed a contract on their website with a photo of you in your work gear telling everyone how long your contract is for so I'm not sure what relevance comparing your standard employee to a football player has.

https://www.kingfut.com/2017/06/06/coulibaly-interview-depart-ahly/

Interesting read of the situation through Souley's eyes at his Egyptian club.  Seems he had several issues with the club not least his family's challenges there. 

I'm excited to see who else comes in now till the close of the window.  A CB/RB and a defensive minded CM with some experience and two big mouths on them would be fantastic but let's wait and see. 

What a time to be a jags fan! ;-)   

At least Tony Watt can play for us :lol: fwiw he's got four goals in seven games already.. 
You continue believing the only reason you've got him is desire from the club and good fortune, while ignoring the reason both Hearts and Aberdeen have pulled out of deals for him over the past twelve months. 
You'll either find he gets refused clearance, or the Weirs have finally shown how far they'll go to subsidise your club. 

Would you say that you’d rather have Tony Watt than have a multimillionaire bankroll the club?