The Partick Thistle thread

18 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Mutumbo scores a couple of great goals for us (v Stirling and Hibs in the cup) but he was overall an appalling player. He often looked like he had absolutely no idea what he was doing now and once got sent off for booting an opponent up in the air - Nick Ross as well, the least offensive player in football history.

What a challenge :lol:

https://youtu.be/vZ8Q0LQhPII

wouldn't mind Keown staying i thought as much as he had a poor season by his own standards he got blamed for a lot of the inefficiencies of other guys around when he was trying to over compensate and ultimately got caught out of position, after all when he played in a settled back 4 the season before last he looked decent IMO

Encouraging that we have only lost 1 goal in 3 games and scored 6.

Sounded like Storey was involved in everything good we done tonight and got a goal also.

Good to see Fitzpatrick getting on the scoresheet tonight.

Looking forward to the test of playing Ayr who have started very well in the cup.

Although tonight was rather dull to be nice, there were some good individual performances.

Storey had a good game and looked full of confidence once he grabbed his goal.

Back Line looked solid and did what they needed to do.

Only downside was Storer taking a bad one and limping down the tunnel at the end of the game looking in a lot of pain.

Doolan looked better today but still not very sharp and another striker is definitely needed in before the season starts.

Took the game in tonight as a neutral. I don’t know too much about the Partick squad and who was unavailable other than Erskine but I would have to say on that performance I would be very worried as a Partick fan. Very poor performance against an Albion Rovers side who’s players almost all came from junior football last year. I appreciate games like this are one offs and you do what you have to do to win them. Rovers looked very comfortable first half and the sheer lack of quality from Thistle would definitely be a worrying factor for me for the start of the league campaign if I was a fan.

9 hours ago, spud4 said:

Took the game in tonight as a neutral. I don’t know too much about the Partick squad and who was unavailable other than Erskine but I would have to say on that performance I would be very worried as a Partick fan. Very poor performance against an Albion Rovers side who’s players almost all came from junior football last year. I appreciate games like this are one offs and you do what you have to do to win them. Rovers looked very comfortable first half and the sheer lack of quality from Thistle would definitely be a worrying factor for me for the start of the league campaign if I was a fan.

We're underperforming and still winning. That's fine with me for now. 

9 hours ago, spud4 said:

It was a glorified friendly.