The Partick Thistle thread

30 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

I guess the river can be put to good use as we boot the unwanted 3 into it. 

Or, looks like there are three handy silos already in situ.  Once the Overpaid Three have dug some drainage ditches, they can be stored in those. I imagine that's why we chose this particular field.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Quite embarrassing we can't afford a bigger bit of land just because we have 3 players getting overpaid

Synergies here, if you get my drift. :rolleyes:

images.jpeg

21 hours ago, ESptfc said:

It’s all I’ve been hearing recently that no more are forthcoming until we sell one of ‘the three’.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't bring any more in. We could get free henoc mukendi style loans but obviously you'd rather bring in quality. 

11 hours ago, Slacker said:

oh-you.gif

It's the hope that kills you isn't it. :P

10 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Will the main training pitch have any sort of stand / terrace / facilities? That’s just down from Rob Roy’s old ground and they’re still homeless, and a tie up could be useful both in terms of revenue and for giving some of our younger players some first team experience.

ETA: great location by the way - good to see it coming along, exciting times!

Not to my knowledge. It'll be purely a training centre for the first team squad and the Thistle Weir Youth Academy. As per the release everyone will see the designs when planning permission comes in. I think it'll be a really good facility.

1 hour ago, Thistle4eva said:

Anyone know much about parking for stenny game tomorrow? My Auld granda can’t walk too far and was just wondering if there’s anywhere close ? 

There used to be a big field/tarmac showground behind one side of the stadium. Best thing for your granda would be to drop him off outside the turnstiles, park up and meet him inside I think.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Drop him off at the door and then go park you lazy cant.

am not driving!

I shall be going on the train.

But my aunts meant to be taking  the old yin in the car and has never been to a thistle game so she’d asked me if I knew anywhere to park. 

Thanks for your shite input.

Edited by Thistle4eva

11 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Anyone know much about parking for stenny game tomorrow? My Auld granda can’t walk too far and was just wondering if there’s anywhere close ? 

Aye there’s residential streets nearby, should be no bother getting parked. 

Some fall from grace for him. He had some great games in midfield and defence in his POTY season (more so the latter) but ended up having some complete shitemares last season and had a big part to play in it being such a disaster (O.G against Hibs, giving up against County, getting skinned rotten by a CB against Motherwell, half-hearted challenge against Griffiths at Firhill...)