The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Did I miss the whip round for the 'Get Yersel Tae f**k Adam' banner and will it still be ready for Ochilview?

Due to budget cuts it's a tin of paint and 20 fat supporters required to take their tops off and have the letters painted on them.

Edited by Thistle4eva

2 hours ago, KelvindaleJag said:

I think you'll find that it's in the small print of his contract that he will recuperate in 6 weeks' time. :rolleyes:

He's played every closed door and friendly game.

3 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Due to budget cuts it's a tin of paint and 20 fat supporters required to take their tops off and have the letters painted on them.

That's a bit "thinist" ., I am sure a couple of skinny's could be the 2 " ** "

Barely heard anything about Thistle pre season. What's the feeling going into this season?

We have a good first 11, although they’ve had no time to gel really, but absolutely no depth in quite a few positions. Our signings so far have been pretty good on the face of them. We’ll probably start a bit shite then come good and be safely mid table/challenging for a playoff place. If we sign an actual striker, and get some cover in defence I’ll be a lot happier.

Oh, and get Adam Barton to f**k.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

We have a good first 11, although they’ve had no time to gel really, but absolutely no depth in quite a few positions. Our signings so far have been pretty good on the face of them. We’ll probably start a bit shite then come good and be safely mid table/challenging for a playoff place. If we sign an actual striker, and get some cover in defence I’ll be a lot happier.

Oh, and get Adam Barton to f**k.

We have Doolan and storer. We need another striker but we are crying out for 2 creative players that can add goals from midfield.? 

Did any midfielders actually score more than 5 last season?

And I'll be a lot happier when we get rid of Barton. I actually thought he would be a sort of hearts signing not Edwards. 

3 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

We have Doolan and storer. We need another striker but we are crying out for 2 creative players that can add goals from midfield.? 

Did any midfielders actually score more than 5 last season?

And I'll be a lot happier when we get rid of Barton. I actually thought he would be a sort of hearts signing not Edwards. 

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Barely heard anything about Thistle pre season. What's the feeling going into this season?

I haven't seen any of pre-season but I think Storer sees himself as more of a number 10  (and has played there  in the closed door / Hearts games) despite being "announced " (hate that term) as a striker. 

I think there's no doubt the three guys on premier wages but available on frees are hampering re-shaping the squad. I reckon we need 4 more players as is- a right back, a defensive midfielder, a winger, and another striker. If / when "the three" leave then they would need to be replaced one in one out- maybe more depending on how much of the budget they're taking up.

I'm fairly certain only relentless optimists would have us challenging for the title, of the team that played vs Hearts only  the old faithfuls of Doolan and Erskine, along with Spittal were regulars last season and it's unlikely a new team will click straight away. I think Doolan, provided he's fit, will get a decent amount of goals as I think he's a much improved player than when he was last in this league- it's a cliché but his game isn't based around pace, he's stronger physically and will have experience of playing against better quality defenders for 5 years. Plus folk are starting to talk about him like he's 38, he's only 31.  Erskine on the other hand I'm not so sure about, he'll still have games where he's brilliant but  I think 2012/13 might have been his peak.

We should still be looking for the promotion playoffs but given the 5 seasons of slow starts and the re-adjustment time I think we'll be a bit all over the place to begin with. I don't expect us to get out the league cup group for a start.

2 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

We look like we're going to be the England of the first division, a group of mediocre players but pretty effective at set pieces. 

Playoff semi heartbreak?