The Partick Thistle thread

So a slow team showing signs of lack of fitness at the start of the season, injuries keeping players from starting and not enough players assembled by the first game to form a full squad yet, let alone to train together. Oh, and great hopes placed on Bannigan's return. Was that a groundhog I saw flying past the window?

7 minutes ago, KelvindaleJag said:

So a slow team showing signs of lack of fitness at the start of the season, injuries keeping players from starting and not enough players assembled by the first game to form a full squad yet, let alone to train together. Oh, and great hopes placed on Bannigan's return. Was that a groundhog I saw flying past the window?

Yep, that's exactly what I didn't take from the last few pages too.  It's Adam Barton's fault.

14 hours ago, colliedug said:
15 hours ago, professor challenger said:
No.     Sorry.    Isn't going to happen and it shouldnt.       As a club we were let down and certain parties have to be the subject of bkame.

So you think we should live in the past and be negative or just look for people to blame if they falter. What i will say tho is the fact a lot of players/management got things wrong at different times in the season before give them a chance to make it right because the guys that don't care about the club have now been moved on, also if it all goes tits up come November i for one will be looking for change but in the meantime lets support them fully.

You equate last season's debacle to faltering?

14 hours ago, colliedug said:
15 hours ago, professor challenger said:
No.     Sorry.    Isn't going to happen and it shouldnt.       As a club we were let down and certain parties have to be the subject of bkame.

So you think we should live in the past and be negative or just look for people to blame if they falter. What i will say tho is the fact a lot of players/management got things wrong at different times in the season before give them a chance to make it right because the guys that don't care about the club have now been moved on, also if it all goes tits up come November i for one will be looking for change but in the meantime lets support them fully.

You equate last season's debacle to faltering?

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I see we've signed Neil McLaughlin for our reserves (and loaned him out again) formerly of your Academy.

What's the script with him? Up to much?

I think most were surprised we released him.  Scored a load in the development league but then didn't do the same when on loan at Stirling. They must see something in him too since they wanted him back.

Worth a punt on the off chance he turns good for a team like Motherwell where he is fine to go out on loan and see how he does for another year, just probably not for us with the reserve league replacing the u20 league and him probably needing to contribute at first team level right away to be kept on.