The Partick Thistle thread

7 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Let’s have another discussion about last season’s failure and who is to blame for it. Yayy!

Aye, ok sarcy. It was one post, one reply. Hardly a discussion. 

42 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Did Elliott not have minor chest surgery recently? Or have I just made that up?

Yes you're right, he did have chest surgey.

But Archie mentions Eliiot will be back after a niggle and McCarthy should recover from a calfand Shea Gordon should be available for next week also.

Did Elliott not have minor chest surgery recently? Or have I just made that up?

Yeah. Archie mentioned it on the Jagzone interview this past week. He’ll be back in shortly I heard. Christie is a fit lad so I don’t see him being short when he returns. No confirmation about Bell but rumour is he is injured. Hope that’s not going to be a season long thing? I doubt it as seems club keeping it low key means it’s just a minor blip.

On Edwards can we please give the guy a bloody break and move on!? Yes he left to stay in the premier league. Yes he’s young and wants to try and break into the Oz national side. He had a poor season, as did pretty much all the team but he was also part of the most successful Thistle side in over 30+ years. He was in my book one of our most dedicated players. Certainly didn’t shite it like #itsnoteasy did. Happy to get rid of him.

I agree it’s time to move on and concentrate on our new team but if I where there today I would have also applauded him. No bitterness from me that a young lad, who worked very hard for us when he was on the park, was incredibly hard working, wants to move on when he negotiated it in his contract. All the best to him. Don’t know many, if any, that would turn down a move for more pay, more exposure and a top 6 league side tbf. Easy to point the finger.

We should aspire to be a better fan base than that.

Seems like today was a great exercise and the players enjoyed it. I also hear rumour we may get 2-3 more bodies in the next couple of weeks as league cup preparation and matches begin. It’s taking shape and Archie’s story in paper shows me it was correct decision to hold onto him. He’s motivated and starting fresh with a new team and spine of team who are
Jags through and through.

Mon’ the jags. Looking forward to season starting now.

I’m assuming there’s no way back for Storey or Keown then since they weren’t involved at all ?

Barton was the one I’d expect Archibald would be actively trying to get to f**k as quickly as possible.

Match report on website says Cammy Bell only has a slight knock.

No.     Sorry.    Isn't going to happen and it shouldnt.       As a club we were let down and certain parties have to be the subject of bkame.
So you think we should live in the past and be negative or just look for people to blame if they falter. What i will say tho is the fact a lot of players/management got things wrong at different times in the season before give them a chance to make it right because the guys that don't care about the club have now been moved on, also if it all goes tits up come November i for one will be looking for change but in the meantime lets support them fully.

Ryan Edwards has such a lasting impression on the club that a post defending him listed his qualities as dedicated, hard working and er hard working.

I hope those saying we need to move on have never ever booed or said anything derogatory about others in the club's recent history like, say,  Paul Paton, Scott Fox or Jackie McNamara who at least didn't have a relegation on their CV at the point they decided to leave us for perceived better things.

Bannigan stood out. Storer and Slater played well. Some wayward passing at times out of defence/midfield by some. New signings looked quite good in general. Storer played deeper than I thought he’d play. In general team didn’t seem too threatening in attack, particularly after Storer went off but guess these games are about fitness and players getting used to each other. Possibly tiredness was creeping in by then too. Storer and Slater were taking set pieces until they were subbed, then Spittal. Tam looks good, particularly set pieces - scored one and had a good chance at another

11 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Archie saying he's hoping to get something over the line next week. I am guessing that will be a loan.

Also said McCarthy and Elliot should be back for the Stenny game as they had "niggles"

A rugby player? :unsure::whistle