The Partick Thistle thread

Bizarrely, an interview with Adam Barton from a local newspaper though it makes no mention of the last 12 months

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/big-interview-former-pne-midfielder-adam-barton-1-9238461

Interesting quote

“There are kids out there who absolutely love the game, they’d give an arm and a leg to be a pro, but I feel like I’ve taken somebody else’s chance because I’m doing something I don’t really love,” Barton said. “I give everything on the pitch, and the rewards are there, far more than an average job would pay, so I’m very fortunate. “But I do it for my family and my own self pride – not the love of the game.”

Re: the Czech boy, his English Wiki has him at 5'11 but his Czech Wiki (which obvs has far more detail) has him at 6'2. Transfermarkt already has him with us- I'm a bit clueless, is that site like a Wiki where anyone can edit? Presume so.

Also - likes the colours anyway.  Hummel somehow making a sub-Joma top here though.

08.07.2014 Kielce Sesja zdjeciowa Korony Kielce na sezon 2014/2015 N/z Radek Dejmek fot. Patryk Ptak - Stock Image

38 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Bizarrely, an interview with Adam Barton from a local newspaper though it makes no mention of the last 12 months

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/big-interview-former-pne-midfielder-adam-barton-1-9238461

Interesting quote

I had a wee look at that - this bit caught my eye too:

“He was telling me about life, saying what was important, that I couldn’t quit because there are people out there without a job.

“Maybe fans have this perception of a team, that they are all friends, a squad fighting for each other.

“It is like, well the other guy is battling for your shirt – maybe you don’t want him to do well.

“I know that doesn’t sound good, but there’s a lot of false thoughts and it is not a good environment to be in.

... so is he meaning that you kind of want the competition in your places to play badly then? Doesn't strike me as being the right sort of attitude either.

Also did my nosey out of boredom and one or two of the related headlines tickled me a little :

image.png.787b8d7f6dc9472071e41700d483ec3f.png

image.png.91447cac44cf72791ec4c9d3c66ed17a.png

Spoiler

brb, off to check my car mat

2 hours ago, Firhillista said:
3 hours ago, jaggymct said:
The wiki was edited by a thistle fan, can’t help thinking it’s a wind up.

Let's not forget this story comes from the same source that gave us Charlie Mulgrew signing for us last season. Let's not get too excited just yet, eh?

A Polish journalist on twitter gave us the Charlie Mulgrew story?

Don't talk pish then.
Pie if the Month is a total fud who can't engage with anyone on here without making snidey, aggressive comments, presumably because he's got a massive ego which requires him to show how much better he is than everyone else - an ego which I can only assume is in inverse proportion to the size of his penis.

Falling out over a potential new signing. 🤦‍♂️ Get a grip of yourselves.

Archie had said on Jagzone that he couldn’t move on more defenders until he gets Keown and/or Barton off the books so I’m surprised by this new continental connection.

Team taking some good shape and so excited for start of new season. Can’t believe it’s upon us.