The Partick Thistle thread

Fingers crossed Banzo will repay the club, stay fit and get back to his best (sign a deal). That could be absolutely vital to us pushing for promotion/play off rather than stuck in the middle of the table. 

Slater sounds like a grafter and is  apparently a box to box midfield type. We ain’t had 1 of them for a couple of years.

3322B011-FEB5-42DF-866B-942679973F9D.thumb.jpeg.10ac06647b4543db4952f79c67321a35.jpeg

Neat in possession and rarely gives the ball away. More the type to keep things ticking over in midfield than create. Hits a great set piece too.”

11795EA4-0AC6-4467-99DF-EE48B509928D.gif.5eb5b3ce45628d693a25ac9424ab643e.gif

Good signing who should ease the pressure on Bannigan . Would've been happy enough with that even if we'd stayed up.

Still looking for a couple of full backs, a winger and three goalkeepers.

16D4A88D-616F-4F17-94C9-679BAA3028FF.jpeg.e182cbc2777754ec7c0e30dd0f58e6bb.jpeg

3/1 for Thistle to win the league? Not much value in that but you just never know...

Surprised you’re joint favourites tbh, as I’d have placed you behind moneybags county and the dabs.

Morton at 20/1 seem decent each way odds.

No idea why ICT are only 6/1....

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Surprised you’re joint favourites tbh, as I’d have placed you behind moneybags county and the dabs.

Morton at 20/1 seem decent each way odds.

No idea why ICT are only 6/1....

Falkirk were 5/1 last season, 9/1 seems a bit strange? Id have us about 9/2 or 5/1.

Falkirk were 5/1 last season, 9/1 seems a bit strange? Id have us about 9/2 or 5/1.

I think it’s hard to quote odds on us at the moment.
We have so many unknown new players it’s hard to work out where we will finish.
We played a full strength Aberdeen tonight and lost 1-0 to an 89th minute goal. Mind you we also managed to lose 2-0 to TNS last week.
9-1 may be reasonable odds for ourselves.

10 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I’d like another striking option. Maybe a target man on loan? 

If we could get someone like Olli Shaw on loan from Hibs I would be lumping on, even at those skinny odds of 3/1. Even Scott Wright from Aberdeen who must be getting seriously fed up of only getting games against us.  Time for him to move on....Firhill would be a nice place to kick start his career!!

Edited by Sting777

I admit I never saw anything of Slater at Colchester or Dundee United, but I thought he was a very good player for Kilmarnock who could open the pitch up and was great at shooting from range.  I think you have an upgrade on Gary Fraser, fitness permitting.

Some of his goals etc:-

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=craig+slater

Edited by bunglebonce

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

MacKenzie, Eckersley, McShane and Stewart released by St Mirren. I wouldn't be massively surprised if we ended up being in for MacKenzie, maybe even Eckersley as full back cover. 

Lovejoy is a pretty decent player for this level.  Teams could do far worse.  Martin Woods, for example.

16 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Because we were utter camel fanny last season and are 12 players into a new team, with no goal scorers. Still hitting it for 20 quid though.