The Partick Thistle thread

41 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Barton would absolutely stroll it in the Championship if he could be arsed.

This.  I could see him being an absolute stand-out player, strolling about with a cigar out being an absolute baller.  But there's an equal chance that he'll get the shit kicked out of him, and we'll start seeing the same attitude that we saw last season.

If he wants away, and someone's willing to take him, then punt him.  And that's coming from someone who loves a player like him.  

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

I think he was our joint worst player last season (based on the games I managed to get to, anyway), along with Devine. 

This would be a good game.

I'd go (worst first)

1) Osman- even stripping out the #itsnoteasy pish, he was hopeless, a complete shadow of the player from 2014-16

2) Barton- as covered in the last few posts

3) Devine- even from low expectations he managed to under achieve woefully

4) Dumbuya- convinced he died in 2016 and was replaced by a lookalike . 

5) Storey- he's getting a bit of a pass for being played out wide but he played through the middle often enough when we played 3-5-2. 2 goals (with none since October!) is a shit return even for a winger. Not forgetting we paid money for him.

This is without even mentioning Keown, Bannigan, Fraser, Woods, good God there's loads.

FWIW If the listed 3 had different clauses to reality that cut their wages automatically I'd be happy with keeping all of them, but it's hard to justify them all taking up effectively 2 places in the squad. Although if we sign Rowe to go with Storer then that's probably not going to use up a lot of budget and we could end up keeping Storey.

Possibilities :

1) this story is bullshit and / or the sun have got the wrong team

2) Bell is long term crocked already and we don't trust Lennox / Sneddon enough 

3) we've all been distracted by the world cup and missed the rule change from the start of the season that requires a team to play 2 goalkeepers at the same time. 

Possibilities :
1) this story is bullshit and / or the sun have got the wrong team
2) Bell is long term crocked already and we don't trust Lennox / Sneddon enough 
3) we've all been distracted by the world cup and missed the rule change from the start of the season that requires a team to play 2 goalkeepers at the same time. 
The 2 goalkeeper rule sounds good.

Well played board and Weir family in securing more funding and security for next 3 years on youth academy.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/thistle-weir-youth-academy-receives-additional-600k-funding/

Always welcome and grateful when club makes wise decisions. Player development has to be a major focus for club stability.

[emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]

Well played board and Weir family in securing more funding and security for next 3 years on youth academy.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/thistle-weir-youth-academy-receives-additional-600k-funding/

Always welcome and grateful when club makes wise decisions. Player development has to be a major focus for club stability.

[emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]
Great news. And with our training ground to come we are in good shape as a club.

3 hours ago, Dubai Jag said:

Thanks, just will be over for two weeks and will take in the Falkirk game and the Stranraer midweek. so a game on the 18th if we win our group?

Or finish one of the best 4 runners up. Wouldn't be putting the house on it at the moment.

In completely uninteresting news, I was looking through other teams and we could potentially line up against an ex player for everyone this season- been a while since that happened.- probably because when we were stuck in this league for ages the guys we let go plummeted but we're now running into a few of the ones we punted when we were at a higher level.

County- Fox

Dundee Utd- Frans, Booth

Dunfermline- Higginbotham, Devine, Craigen

Falkirk- Paton, Muirhead

ICT- Ridgers

Morton- Scully (& very pedantically McHugh)

QoS- Harkins (Brownlie I don't think ever played for the 1st team)

Ayr- McDaid, Adams, Kerr

Alloa- Flannigan

Of the promotion team 5 years on, only SOD and ATS are playing at top flight level in Scotland, and none at all playing in England . Lawless might yet join them obviously.