The Partick Thistle thread

I think so, Doolan and Erskine through the middle. Banzo missed a penalty too.

Apparently a trialist central defender and central midfielder were playing and Rivers scored after they went off. 

Edited by jagfox99

23 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I think so, Doolan and Erskine through the middle. Banzo missed a penalty too.

Apparently a trialist central defender and central midfielder were playing and Rivers scored after they went off. 

There was a mention on Steelmen a couple of weeks ago that you were looking at Shea Gordon on loan from us. Going by the description I just read on WAT it sounds like the midfielder could have been him:

Don't know who our number 7 was ( fair hair and jutting chin like Jamie Vardy) think he was getting called Sean (and it wasn't McGinty who played centre half with a young trialist(in the first half).

Gordon's not been away on our training camp that I've seen and wasn't in the squad for the 1-0 win against Crusaders this afternoon.

FWIW: here's the bold Shea scoring against St Johnstone u20s a while back. If anyone was at Garscube then I dare say they'll be able to identify whether it was him or not.

Edited by capt_oats

9 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

There was a mention on Steelmen a couple of weeks ago that you were looking at Shea Gordon on loan from us. Going by the description I just read on WAT it sounds like the midfielder could have been him:

Gordon's not been away on our training camp that I've seen and wasn't in the squad for the 1-0 win against Crusaders this afternoon.

FWIW: here's the bold Shea scoring against St Johnstone u20s a while back. If anyone was at Garscube then I dare say they'll be able to identify whether it was him or not.

Cheers mate.

26 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Nisbet scored against us, we may as well just fold right now.

Would be a decent club for him if he gets signed up.

Centre half trialist was Paul Watson, ex-Falkirk, Raith and Livi.

23 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

It has indeed been Shea Gordon. Played the last two bounce games in centre mid.

Edited by Armand 2

Definitely Shea Gordon. There was another black CH today as well who played on Tuesday, got stuck in and has a decent bit of pace. Another black striker as well 2nd half, no idea who. Slater is away abroad on trial, surprising as I heard even the players were keen on him.

7 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

It has indeed been Shea Gordon. Played the last two bounce games in centre mid.

Cool.

It makes sense. He's a Northern Ireland u21 cap and truthfully he's far better than u20s/dev football. We signed him from Sheffield United with a view to fast-tracking him into the first team I think. He was around the fringes of the first XI towards the end of the 16/17 season but picked up an injury last season and just totally dropped off the radar for pretty much the full season.

He's energetic and quite Cadden-esque but like Ross MacLean (who we've got out on loan to Morton) there are loads of options ahead of him in the first team and right now he needs games. Fwiw: we offered him a new deal at the start of the summer so it's not like he's someone we're just trying to offload.

What's the deal with loans in the Championship btw? Can you have more than one from a club? I wondered whether Archie and Craigan might look at a few loans that could be mutually beneficial to both parties.

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Cool.

It makes sense. He's a Northern Ireland u21 cap and truthfully he's far better than u20s/dev football. We signed him from Sheffield United with a view to fast-tracking him into the first team I think. He was around the fringes of the first XI towards the end of the 16/17 season but picked up an injury last season and just totally dropped off the radar for pretty much the full season.

He's energetic and quite Cadden-esque but like Ross MacLean (who we've got out on loan to Morton) there are loads of options ahead of him in the first team and right now he needs games. Fwiw: we offered him a new deal at the start of the summer so it's not like he's someone we're just trying to offload.

What's the deal with loans in the Championship btw? Can you have more than one from a club? I wondered whether Archie and Craigan might look at a few loans that could be mutually beneficial to both parties.

According to Transfermarkt his contract expired at the end of May?

Watson is out of contract too.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Yeah he was offered a new deal and he's been given a squad number (#26) this season so I'm guessing he's signed.

I doubt we could register him with the squad if he hadn't signed up. Dunno tho.

I don't think we'd be looking to pay a transfer or development fee either way so I guess a loan makes sense for all parties.

With regards your loan query, I think you can get two players from a club out with your division  this season, four in total. This applies to domestic dealings.

22 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The black defender is the boy Sena from Pollok probably and I don't think it's really a trial and more he's with us already unofficially.

Work with a guy that goes to all the Pollok games, said we had scouts at their games a lot last season. 

Meant to be decent but needs to learn tactical discipline. 

17 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I don't think we'd be looking to pay a transfer or development fee either way so I guess a loan makes sense for all parties.

Sounds about right. I just saw our media team's photos from pre-season at Colville Park a couple of weeks ago and he's in the squad (far right of the picture below).

It's just the Ireland trip he's not been involved in. Which makes sense if he's playing bounce games with your lot. I think it's fair to assume he's re-signed with us and being honest I'd have thought if we were looking to bump him we'd just have released him at the end of last season. A loan makes sense for everyone.

DgO8fKGW0AI93xY.jpg

So Shea Gordon is the #7. Norn Iron u21 midfielder. Seems a prospect but too many ahead of him at Motherwell at the moment. Seemingly offered a new deal but not officially signed it.

Young lad at the back is Sena from Pollok.

Other defender is ex-Falkirk defender Paul Watson. Currently out of contract.

Young striker is Jordan Kemoe from our u17 squad.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The black defender is the boy Sena from Pollok probably and I don't think it's really a trial and more he's with us already unofficially.

Yeah full name Mohammed Niang and very highly rated by a couple of the Lok supporters I’ve spoken too.

its good to see us looking at the Juniors again since last time we did we unearthed gems like Doolan and Erskine.  Niang is a young lad but seems to have real potential