The Partick Thistle thread

I know @jagfox99 mentioned this a couple of weeks back but there does appear to be a bit of substance to the chat that we're looking at Neil Alexander. 

If so, I assume that will signal the end of The King as goalkeeping coach - having Alexander would fill two roles in the same way as Paul Gallacher did. Not sure how I feel about him being first choice though - keepers at that age usually fall off the side of a cliff very quickly after a certain point.

26 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

I know @jagfox99 mentioned this a couple of weeks back but there does appear to be a bit of substance to the chat that we're looking at Neil Alexander. 

If so, I assume that will signal the end of The King as goalkeeping coach - having Alexander would fill two roles in the same way as Paul Gallacher did. Not sure how I feel about him being first choice though - keepers at that age usually fall off the side of a cliff very quickly after a certain point.

I think Alexander is only about the same age as cerny was when he first signed and we are a division below anyway.

i wouldn’t think King Kenny will be away - as Alexander’s priority will be being the number one - as I doubt Alexander’s wage would be higher than cerny and scully combined and we already have a backup goalkeeper in sneddon who was already here - so if anything we will have saved money in the goalkeeping role this season 

29 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I think Alexander is only about the same age as cerny was when he first signed and we are a division below anyway.

i wouldn’t think King Kenny will be away - as Alexander’s priority will be being the number one - as I doubt Alexander’s wage would be higher than cerny and scully combined and we already have a backup goalkeeper in sneddon who was already here - so if anything we will have saved money in the goalkeeping role this season 

Neil Alexander is 40.

Alexander is 40.

I think we should look for a younger competent keeper who is decent at the basics. As mentioned before we won this division with Scott fox and Smith so I think the priority should be sorting out the rest of the squad first.

People are awfully hung up on age. You won't find a younger keeper better than Alexander while your in this division.

Just sign the best players you can, get promoted, and see who's available next Summer when you're a more attractive proposition. Thinking three steps ahead when you're in this division leads to problems.

On 05/06/2018 at 19:32, third lanark said:

I’m pretty sure Alexander is about 3 years younger than Cerny? Probably alright for a season or so in the championship 

On 05/06/2018 at 19:34, Pie Of The Month said:

You could've taken 30 seconds to check that out rather than be completely wrong.

20 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Still haven't taken that 30 seconds, eh?

On 6/5/2018 at 19:32, third lanark said:

I’m pretty sure Alexander is about 3 years younger than Cerny? Probably alright for a season or so in the championship 

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Fair point. I’ll accept either answer.

The post is part of an ongoing discussion about the new seasons' kit. We are historically slow to bring out our new kit. This season the reason is that we don't, or rather didn't, have a sponsor in place. So, now we can release our kit.

The subsequent comment about legibility is, of course, a dig at Joma (who are sh1te).

The answer to your question, however phrased, is no. Hope that helps.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Do all Partick Thistle's advertisements passive/aggressively antagonise their fans, or just that one?

This post may lead to litigation. Jagfox has taken silk recently.

Was there actually a credible rumour we were after Halkett? Can't understand why he'd sign for a Championship side, although Livi have just signed centre back Ricki Lamie from Morton, either building the squad or potentially a replacement.