The Partick Thistle thread

My instinct is that I want to keep:

Cerny, Elliott, Erskine, Lawless, Doolan, McCarthy and Penrice.

But I have a feeling that Cerny and Lawless will leave.

The real issue for me is there will be some no marks we can’t even punt.

16 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Would be happy keeping those five (assuming the young lads = Penrice & McCarthy), as well as Elliott and Lawless. Everyone else can get in the fucking sea.

I get the feeling that of the 5 senior players mentioned, though, we won't keep all of them.

I’d keep Spittal and put him through an absolute gruelling pre season.  He’s only young.. Needs a rocket up his arse imo. I’d keep Booth if possible. 

Osman couldn’t get further to f**k if he tried

Bartons under contract unfortunately but we should try and get rid of ASAP I’ve never liked his attitude. c**t 

Gooooodbye Devine don’t let the door smack you on the face on the way out. Fud 

Forgot about Edwards glad to have him here at least he tries hard and is better than Darren Brady.

Edited by Thistle4eva

Archie on jagzone saying 16 out of contract and the rest all have clauses saying reduced money if we drop a division. Not sure if that means they can get free's or not but the place will get gutted, which is not a bad thing going by the efforts this season. . I would give decent offers to Cerny, Doolan, Erskine, Booth and Lawless (though think the latter two will be off) Possibily keep Spittal, Keown,Edwards, Elliot, if they want to stay. Regular starts for Penrice and McCarthy. First priority is getting the defence sorted. We need a commanding presence in defence and midfield. Keep most of the above and we will be in the mix next season

Just now, bunglebonce said:

I hope Thistle keep Woods to reduce the chances of him ever playing for County again.  

He got a terrible reception from the North Stand when he tried to come over to applaud the fans at the end. Quickly turned around and headed up the tunnel.

Which was pleasing.

Anyway, looking on the bright side trips to Ayr, Dumfries and the highlands surpass the drudgery of visits to the likes of Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Perth (although there's some lovely scenery on the way up).

Not in bloody winter.

Just delighted that this absolute shambles has come to an end to be honest. We've been grim since top 6 was confirmed.

As others have said, a massive clear out is needed, although I have no idea who'll take some of our more shambolic players.

Realistically, I'd only actively try to keep Doolan, Cerny, Erskine, Lawless, McCarthy, Penrice and Elliott from this seasons squad. I'm ambivalent towards Edwards and Keown staying, and the rest I'd get rid of, as they're shite.  I think the problem will be finding anyone willing to take the likes of Storey and Barton. Lawless will probably be away, he's definitely good enough for a bottom six side.

I'd take that Chris MIller that's just been released from St Johnstone, always seemed a tidy player, and while I like McCarthy, think we need a more composed player beside him. 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:
4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:
He got a terrible reception from the North Stand when he tried to come over to applaud the fans at the end. Quickly turned around and headed up the tunnel.
Which was pleasing.

I have a terrible feeling we are going to sign him.

Same. 

Which was pleasing.

That’s cheered me up slightly. He’s fucking pish.

Time to review the sports science and fitness guys at the club as well. We seem to be the only club in Scotland where guys get injured, come back for a few games, get injured, come back for a few games, get injured etc etc. The injuries at the club are ridiculous and something ain't right. Cerny, Doumbaya, Keown, Elliot, Booth and  Osman have all had lengthy injury spells. Erskine and Doolan appear to have been carrying knocks for most of the season and Bannigan has been missing for two seasons and Fraser for 3 seasons. Unacceptable!

Edited by Sting777

Would definitely keep Cerny, Elliott, Penrice, McCarthy, Erskine, Lawless (can’t see him staying though), Doolan.

I know they’ve had poor seasons but part of me thinks Keown, Edwards, Spittal and Storey could maybe be worth a go in the Championship.

If Bannigan is able to stay fit then I’d keep him too. 

Happy to see the back of Devine, McGinn, Dumbuya, Barton, Osman and Woods. Not sure how I feel about Booth. Think there’s a player there but don’t think he really gives a f**k.

We seem to be pretty unanimous in the 7 players that we'd like to keep.

Which means we'll probably be stuck with Keown, Edwards, Barton and Storey while those 7 are all playing in the top flight for someone else.

Edited by Nightmare

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I'd take that Chris MIller that's just been released from St Johnstone, always seemed a tidy player, and while I like McCarthy, think we need a more composed player beside him. 

Millar could be an excellent signing for any Championship side. Id be surprised if he doesn’t end up back at Morton though.

2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Not sure how I feel about Booth. Think there’s a player there but don’t think he really gives a f**k.

Never understood people being against Booth.

He’s made mistakes but there’s never been a game I’ve watched and thought that guys no trying his best. 

Personally I’d say he’s one of our fittest players who gets a lot of grief because too much is expected of him.

1 minute ago, Thistle4eva said:

Never understood people being against Booth.

He’s made mistakes but there’s never been a game I’ve watched and thought that guys no trying his best. 

Personally I’d say he’s one of our fittest players who gets a lot of grief because too much is expected of him.

Just why he was on the bench today beggared belief when we started with a right footed left back. We created more when he came in than we did in the two games put together. Just one of many baffling decisions this season

4 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

My ludicrous take is that Miles Storey will actually be very good next year in the championship, whether with us, ICT, or someone else. Danny Devine can get in the bin tho.

Storey thrived at ICT because although Yogi repeated the faux-Barca mantra every week, when it came to the crunch he set his team to counter-attack, and Storey is quite a good counter-attacking player.  Storey would do well in that Livi team IMO.

2 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Just why he was on the bench today beggared belief when we started with a right footed left back. We created more when he came in than we did in the two games put together. Just one of many baffling decisions this season

Booth won’t be short of teams after him. Especially the bottom six teams.

Carrying an injury possibly ? 

A Lot of people forget how good Booth has been over his 5 years at the club.

Was Penrice allowed to play in these games ? Surely he would have been a player that would have loved to show Livi what they were missing ?

3 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Storey thrived at ICT because although Yogi repeated the faux-Barca mantra every week, when it came to the crunch he set his team to counter-attack, and Storey is quite a good counter-attacking player.  Storey would do well in that Livi team IMO.

Would you be willing to take him there for negotiations right now ?