The Partick Thistle thread

It’s hard to really say what he’s actually done for the club, good or bad. The only thing I definitively know about his contribution is that he’s been responsible for some of the shambolic situations involving our expected attendance at away fixtures, by predicting utter nonsense figures. Not that I’m still raging about being outside Easter Road 30 minutes into the game or anything like that...

But fair play to him as he obviously talks a very good game. And I suppose it reflects quite well on us that he’s gotten to where he is.

Will be interesting to see if he fares any better than the last few complete failures in the position.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

It’s hard to really say what he’s actually done for the club, good or bad. The only thing I definitively know about his contribution is that he’s been responsible for some of the shambolic situations involving our expected attendance at away fixtures, by predicting utter nonsense figures. Not that I’m still raging about being outside Easter Road 30 minutes into the game or anything like that...

But fair play to him as he obviously talks a very good game. And I suppose it reflects quite well on us that he’s gotten to where he is.

Will be interesting to see if he fares any better than the last few complete failures in the position.

To my knowledge, the figures for our estimated away attendance come from our safety officer, rather than Ian. Granted, it might not have always been this way, but it has been since at least 2015. 

1 hour ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

To my knowledge, the figures for our estimated away attendance come from our safety officer, rather than Ian. Granted, it might not have always been this way, but it has been since at least 2015. 

The game I mentioned was from the end of the 13/14 season, so it may well have changed since then. It’s still fun to blame Maxwell for it anyway, tbf.

Considering we are still locked out of games on a regular basis (Hamilton just two weeks ago being the latest example), things haven’t changed for the better, though.

Edited by Nightmare

That game has to be the straw that broke the camel's back for Archie. Nobody present today can justify that pathetic spineless shite. I don't know who should replace him and if we let him stay I'm happy for him to be the hero who turned an injury ravaged season around and I also think if we're sinking anyway it might as well be Archie that does down with the ship. It's a shambles and I'm fucked if I have any ideas to fix it.

33 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

It’s utterly humiliating and complete mismanagement that Hamilton can pick up points and we’re a utter gang on the park

We’ve actually been shite going back months now.
Anyone still clutching to Archie being a good manager can f**k off n all.

Califuckofffornia

Today was the first day where I've genuinely had any thoughts about agreeing with the 'Archie out' sentiment. But when you get 11 men who turn up and put in as much of an utterly spineless, pathetic performance as that first half today, it's hard not to start thinking these kinds of things. It really did look like he's run out of ideas.

In terms of value for money, today might be the worst I've ever seen as a Thistle fan. £26 for that performance. f**k off.

Sad to say I just don’t see where our team is strong anymore. I was overly positive at the start of the season and also when our big players returned from injury, I thought we were sorted.

A lot of the blame has to go to Archie now, even when we’ve played well he seems to change the team. Penrice and McCarthy must be wondering what they have to do to get a solid run in the team.

I love Erskine like most of us do.. but he’s finished at this level imo. Osmans first two games back from injury I thought wow, we’ve missed this guy so much. Guy ain’t fit, McCarthy deserved a place in the team after last week.

Barton must start in a back 3 for our final run in, I’m sure everyone would agree that we are more solid with him in the middle of our defence. Devine needs someone to keep him calm. 

Hope Dundee go on a c**t of a run and Ross county don’t pick up, because I can’t see us picking up a lot from our next few games.

We're doing worse than when we had a central defence of Conrad Balatoni and Gabriel Piccolo.  Let that sink in etc etc.

We're not out of it because of the nature of the split,  I thought for ages we needed 5 wins but 4 will do, 37 points should keep us up (unlikely, yes); if they somehow come against Ross County x 2, Dundee , and one of a Motherwell or St Johnstone that are already on the beach we might stay up, but I can't argue with anyone who says we should be relegated for crimes against football.

I also think Archie's gone in the summer regardless, from his POV it's probably a shame as he didn't check out when his stock was at its highest.

Not playing McCarthy in the mid and Barton centre half when that clearly works better has fucked Archie. It’s been done and clearly works better yet he keeps changing back. Can’t really defend it when we’re dangerously close to going down.

With our squad of players there is no way we should be in the position we are. It’s then logical to suggest Archie has run out of steam. He’s got to show his abilities now. He’s got a couple of massive games coming before split. If we don’t pick up a win I think we could finish 12th never mind 11th. Players should be ashamed of themselves. Accies, Saints have both shown fight to pick up points with a less talented team on Park.
I’ve always thought we lacked leadership in side. Osman has been good for us but I never thought he was a top captain. Dools and Erskine seem to be our two veterans but we lack some real grit and I think that comes from having a couple of solid leaders on the park.