The Partick Thistle thread

That's Lee Erwin been released by Leeds and considering offers from here and down south. I reckon we'll be after him seeing as we tried to get him in January.

He's oors noo so feck off [emoji12] lol.

The available striker slot we're trying to fill is always going to be a tough one. We're seeking someone who is happy to play second fiddle to Doolan and the only players that are happy to fit that bill are young unproven guys in lower leagues/youth squad or players that have failed in leagues considered better than ours. Basically means we're likely to probably always end up with a bit of a haddie as a second striker.

The thing is though, Doolan does often have spells where he isn't scoring and he can have poor games, plus, if he gets injured or suspended or if we ever decide to play a game with more than one centre forward, we're going to need someone anyway. I would expect a reasonable player at that position, because they are going to feature a lot, even if they are not starting every game. I'd imagine we'll end up with someone in soon but its getting to that point where decent players like Erwin are being signed up and you are left to bring in a player who is more of a risk.

Edited by Snakebite