Stinlar v Super Ayr; Honest Men v Ferry Boys: Promotion bonanza

It's finally sunk in that we've done it.

It's also been enough time to call out the top-notch Stranraer "fan" who started chucking coins over the fence at half-time. One of which missed my 5 year old daughter's head by about six inches.

Hope you're proud of yourself. She's still got your 2p piece by the way.

Thanks though to the genuine Stranraer fans who've taken an undeserved defeat in a dignified, sporting manner.

Nobody likes that sort of thing and I'm glad your daughter wasn't struck. We all have our share of morons sadly and it was a 2 way thing sadly. Ayr must have better off morons though as there was a 50p and a lighter amongst the missiles that landed near me.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just a shame though isn't it? I grew up having rocks thrown at me by all manner of thugs in the late 80's/early 90's and to be honest absolutely loved it but when we finally get a big crowd with loads of kids and that stuff happens from both sides it's disappointing.

We all want our clubs to survive and it's our duty to bring through the next generation. It won't affect me, but will put off the occasionalls.

We have been promoted guys and gals!

Massive congratulations to the gaffer.

So good to have a real, experienced manager at the helm.

Can't wait for next season.

Just hope Falkirk can do a job on Killie.

would say lucky manager given the 2 playoff games

It's just a shame though isn't it? I grew up having rocks thrown at me by all manner of thugs in the late 80's/early 90's and to be honest absolutely loved it but when we finally get a big crowd with loads of kids and that stuff happens from both sides it's disappointing.

We all want our clubs to survive and it's our duty to bring through the next generation. It won't affect me, but will put off the occasionalls.

It's part of the culture in Scotland. This sort of moronic stuff can happen at any ground with any fans. Somehow we tolerate people acting like this in a football stadium where it wouldn't be allowed in the street.

Over here in NZ fans even at the highest level super rugby games aren't segregated, because mostly they are able to act like adults, even in a large crowd.

Hopefully that fat goalie gets a retrospective ban for that stamp on wee Rab.

Couple that with his punch on Jamie Adams in the first game and he has got away with plenty.

Don't like these retro bans unless it's a clear cut, one off. But if you start looking at 'handbags' stuff you are opening cans o worms every where.

Funny how you go from one ref who through cards about like confetti and then the next didn't want to book anyone for a while.

Old school Eric Phillips calls him in this interview I edited last month. Half the number of clean sheets to appearances.

Mike McLean speaks to Eric Phillips.

Mike McLean spoke to Cameron Belford a few months ago.

Because it was nothing more than a push.

Anyway, Ayr do realise this is a final right? They haven't really got going

Just noticed this, it was more the kick he aimed at the Ayr player (can't remember who now) that myself and the fans around me noticed, I was 10 yards from the incident!

Not matter now, however Belford definitely deserves retrospective action!

Just noticed this, it was more the kick he aimed at the Ayr player (can't remember who now) that myself and the fans around me noticed, I was 10 yards from the incident!

Not matter now, however Belford definitely deserves retrospective action!

Just like Adams who aimed a kick at Cammy Belford in the first leg,swings and roundabouts my friend.

It's part of the culture in Scotland. This sort of moronic stuff can happen at any ground with any fans. Somehow we tolerate people acting like this in a football stadium where it wouldn't be allowed in the street.

Over here in NZ fans even at the highest level super rugby games aren't segregated, because mostly they are able to act like adults, even in a large crowd.

A rather broad statement to make. There are only a few football grounds I have been to that we have encountered a minority of morons . On the whole football at our level is about  having a few pints ,  a bit of banter and a  laugh with guys around you. 

As for tolerating the arseholes , I think you are mistaken .  The only ones tolerating the arseholes are the arseholes themselves. 

Archived