Stinlar v Super Ayr; Honest Men v Ferry Boys: Promotion bonanza

This reinforces my gut feeling that it might be a mistake to bring him back. Do we want blokes "in their comfort zone" at Ayr or blokes who will sweat blood and tears for the shirt? 

Comfort zone maybe wasn't the right expression on my part. He never seems to have been totally at ease for us. Every striker misses chances but he often seems to turn into a nervous wreck in front of goal and when he was playing for Ayr he seemed more confident and relaxed. 

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stranraer just lack quality up front, they are well organised and reasonably solid at the back, have a good midfield for this level, but once it gets to the final third you need more than grafters like Longworth, McGuigan and Malcolm. That's why the dominated the games in terms of territory, but didn't turn that into goals. It was the same last year, they had the best defensive record in the league, had a good midfield, but didn't have enough firepower up front. McManus at Morton scored the same as Malcolm and Longworth combined.

If they want promotion that's where they really need to push the boat out. Easier said than done to bring a goalscoring striker in though.

Agree 2 other times this year we outplayed Ayr, but got nothing, even McCall admitted that at the time. But scoring goals wins games, well done Ayr.

What absolute pish . It will be a far better place without the dozen or so brain dead tossers who follow Ayr about that's for sure. I feel sorry for the decent guys who have to put up with their pish every week.

Will miss the Pars fans though. Decent bunch who don't get offended when you banter back.

Sare yin. Enjoy Methil!

Sare yin. Enjoy Methil!

Aye.  Will do. Can't wait to hear the dulcit tones of their 60 fags a day announcer.   8)

Will miss auld Aggie fae the Ayr boolin club though.  Just when I plucked up courage to tell her the pies were cauld as well !   :P

I was with Michael Moffat last night, his contract runs out in 2 weeks and he hasn't been made an offer from Dunfermline. Stranraer have offered him a contract but he is desperate to sign with Ayr. I wouldn't want him back at Ayr though.

Moffat is a intelligent player, who has not had the best of times at Dunfermline i would have him back next season at Ayr no problem its where he belongs  :thumsup2

I was with Michael Moffat last night, his contract runs out in 2 weeks and he hasn't been made an offer from Dunfermline. Stranraer have offered him a contract but he is desperate to sign with Ayr. I wouldn't want him back at Ayr though.[/quote

Did you tell him that?

Wait - was it the apostrophe that I went wrong with?

Surely they don't need a capital letter at the start. Have you just made the same f**k up as me?

#Washavingatroll

But don't worry , if you can keep that crowd in , you will do ok , oh no an erudite sentence from St. Ranraer.

Wait - was it the apostrophe that I went wrong with?

Surely they don't need a capital letter at the start. Have you just made the same f**k up as me?

Can't use apostrophes or other symbols I'm afraid. Slightly depressed with myself that I know this. 

It's finally sunk in that we've done it.

It's also been enough time to call out the top-notch Stranraer "fan" who started chucking coins over the fence at half-time. One of which missed my 5 year old daughter's head by about six inches.

Hope you're proud of yourself. She's still got your 2p piece by the way.

Thanks though to the genuine Stranraer fans who've taken an undeserved defeat in a dignified, sporting manner.

It's also been enough time to call out the top-notch Stranraer "fan" who started chucking coins over the fence at half-time. One of which missed my 5 year old daughter's head by about six inches.

Thanks though to the genuine Stranraer fans who've taken an undeserved defeat in a dignified, sporting manner.

Did you take a picture of a random Stranraer fan, posted it on various Facebook groups calling them scum and demanding their name?

I decided to wait a while and calmly express my disappointment instead Callum. I didn't see the coin tosser actually do it, but it happened. I'm not interested in a social media witch hunt but someone over the fence knows who did it and if they see this should be making them feel like the coward they are.

I'm all for banter and it's my own decision to take kids to the game but coins?? If it had connected I know I'd be reacting differently but it's one bad apple etc. and I'm not prepared to blame the entire support.

Polis on their side were massively disinterested in getting involved.

We have been promoted guys and gals!

Massive congratulations to the gaffer.

So good to have a real, experienced manager at the helm.

Can't wait for next season.

Just hope Falkirk can do a job on Killie.

Total lie because since the ferries left nobody in Stranraer can afford to throw money away.

Archived