Stinlar v Super Ayr; Honest Men v Ferry Boys: Promotion bonanza

League 1 looks rank rotten next season, be a few clubs feeling the pinch now that Dunfermline and Ayr aren't bringing a decent support along.

Over the two games we were pretty rank yet somehow pulled it off. Plenty changes to be made for next season - cannae wait!!

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

League will be easier next season but Reid will have to keep the best players and add a bit of steel up front for you to win the league

Depends how Airdrie and Livingston approach full time football.

Apart from them can see it being much of a muchness.

Yes some ayr fans came over to us for a fight. One clown jumped on wall in front of us. He got dealt with in the correct manner.

It will be interesting to see what the SPFL do regarding pitch invasion and some goading of away fans.

Last time a team did that they were warned and told a hefty fine would be on the way, resulting in us spending a fortune on 2 billion stewards for last home game!

Of course since this game did not involve one of them and a humping into the bargain, nothing will be said or done. Nor should it be imho. Just typical double standards from Doncaster and co....

Well, that was my first game in five years.  Last game was the brechin Play-off game in 2011.  Decided last night that I had been at the Airdrie and Brechin promotion games so should head along to Somerset today.  

Dire game - at times it looked like the team had never met!  Really wanted someone to score in normal time so that I didn't have to watch another half hour.  It was almost as if neither team knew what was up for grabs.  Penalties is never a good way to lose a game.

That said, I shamelessly pitch invaded at the end...

Next season is looking rather interesting  :)

Have Ayr won 3 / 5 playoffs entered? That's a pretty shit hot record if it's the case.

Is it the best record of teams who have been in more than 1 playoff?

Yeah that's right. We have also won every play-off final we've been in (2009 vs Airdrie, 2011 vs Brechin and now 2016 vs Stranraer) as the two we lost were Semi-Finals (2012 vs Airdrie and 2014 vs Cowdenbeath).

Thought both teams were shite, us more so. We were crying out for Forrest's pace in the second half and there's no way Stevo should have lasted that long before being subbed. That said I don't care too much now how shite we were now. The Championship looks tasty next year, bring it on!

Do feel a bit for the Stranraer fans watching them lose like that, would like to see them do well next season.

Stranraer were miles better at moving the ball around, assisted by our determination to give them the ball without ever making them work for it. Don't remember any saves for Fleming though.

Relieved and delighted to go up regardless of the performance. There's a lot to like about the team and if we can get a bit more depth it will be interesting to see how we get on next season.

Apologies for sound and focus in parts... that was the least enjoyable 120 mins of football I have watched in 10 years. Still, I've never been inside Tannadice... next season!

Cheers, first class as always. Great to end the year on a high note!

Apologies for sound and focus in parts... that was the least enjoyable 120 mins of football I have watched in 10 years. Still, I've never been inside Tannadice... next season!

Who is the handsome cunto blowing a kiss?

Watched this on Alba. Terrible standard of football but delighted for Ian McCall, who gets overlooked in terms of the work he did in laying the foundations for McNamara and Archie.

Question for Ayr fans - has Stevo been that bad since he signed for you? He was certainly on the way down when he left us but I didn't imagine he would now look quite so finished.

Also, I can see McCall making a move for Paul Cairney in the summer (presuming he's out of contract?). He first signed him for us, and Cairney could easily still be a standout at Championship level as he was for us.

Archived