Stinlar v Super Ayr; Honest Men v Ferry Boys: Promotion bonanza

I like Stranraer but Ayr going up would mean we're on 12 points before a ball has even been kicked next season. It's a tough choice.

Do you think those 12 points will help your financially shambles of a club stay in the league?

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't find details anywhere but, something makes me think Adams was part of the Ayr United youth set up before joining Kilmarnock. Might be getting mixed up with Rory Loy, both Stranraer boys about the same age who were at Killie at the same time.

As mentioned there was no recognised youth set up a the club around this time so for Adams to feel 'rejected' by Stranraer seems very odd. Much like Kevin Kyle who seems to have a chip on his shoulder about Campbell Money no giving him a contract at fifteen years old.

Both players have spent the most part of their careers playing at a higher level than Stranraer and done well for themselves, so seems strange that they even care about the club.

Regardless it's good to see a local boy doing well. Few decent players to come out this area. Not an easy feat given the lack of interest from scouts to come down here.

Reid will maybe offer Adams a deal IF we get promoted.....

I've always thought Kyle's gripe about Stranraer was strange. I actually think he comes across pretty well on radio and suchlike, but despite Sunderland and even Scotland happening for him at a young age, he was nothing to write home about as a kid. In fact, there were a few guys in his year at school you'd have put ahead of him.

I'm also unaware of Adams having anything against Stranraer. If he celebrates goals against them, it's probably just a reflection of him having received stick from their fans because he's a local. It's what happens.

If he celebrates goals against them, it's probably just a reflection of him having received stick from their fans because he's a local. It's what happens.

Missed the game that day. Apparently he got it a bit tight. Some shouts from our support are pretty horrid, I'm sure it happens at every club.

Remember Mark McGeown, for me one of our best keepers getting pelters about his wife leaving him. Totally unnecessary.

Michael Moffat also gets it bad. Gets called and Ayr reject or a Girvan reject. The guys bettered himself each time he's left a club.

We have our fair share of edjits.

I like Stranraer but Ayr going up would mean we're on 12 points before a ball has even been kicked next season. It's a tough choice.

You didn't manage to take 12 points from us this season.

My only concern about this game is Brian Reids knack of winning the play-offs

We have had the better of Stranraer this season so I should feel confident going in to this game but I don't really, of the 3 other teams in the play-offs I'd have picked Stranny to play in the final beforehand. I think the recent Airdrie game and Cowden away showed how crap our first team can be randomly.

On the other hand, we have won and scored 4 goals in 5 games of the last quarter and have played some lovely football.

Looking Forward to seeing AJ managing a full time side against other full time teams again, went so well for him last time

Well done to Stranraer FC , especially big Mark McGuigan , Craig Malcolm and Jamie Longworth.Would love to see you give Ayr a thumping .Horrible supporters .Fingers crossed from all at the Wee Vers.

Just out of interest, where does this "Stinlar" patter come from?

I have no idea. Definitely started on here. 

It was to do with that weird accent though.  

No reason for our players not to be confident going into this one given the way we won today and how we finished the season.

Unfortunately I think Ayr will probably be too strong. Unlike ourselves they have the luxury of chopping and changing the team. We'll likely go with the same eleven as we have for a number of weeks now.

Bit of spice added to the tie with the Reid factor and McCall being a known Stranraer hater.

Expect a healthy crowd for each game.

Why does McCall hate Stranraer?!

Somerset boab still belting out tunes at ayr games?

Been very quiet.....TV cameras this week though so expect him to try something. 

This is great, we are the underdogs again!!, just the position I like.

Fair point Thomas,but are we.Since the start of 2016 we probably have been more consistent than Ayr and although they finished above us in the league,that counts for nothing in the playoffs.A look at Stranraers stats at home recently shows they have hit top form at the right time and a few of my mates are on at 8/1 to win the playoffs,how the cream cookies price this one I wouldn't know,but I wouldn't think Stranraer will be massive underdogs

Archived