Stinlar v Super Ayr; Honest Men v Ferry Boys: Promotion bonanza

There's at least one player who is more than capable of coming off the bench if Stranraer wanted to "chop and change"

More in relation to previous games. We've went with the same eleven for our last six games, maybe more than that.

Ayr have had the opportunity to rest players the last few weeks.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No mate he's the one who was told by your tinpot club he would never play football at any level, then scored against Stinlar when you lot came to Somerset earlier in the season.

Wow , what a load of shite you have spouted .

I spoke to Jamie and offered him the opportunity to do pre season with Stranraer in an attempt to regain his fitness .

I was informed by him and his father that he would never play football again due to his back injury, it was a shock for me when he joined Ayr .

If your going to make statements try and make sure there truthful.

RHR.

Ayr's relatively easy aggregate win against Peterhead doesn't necessarily mean they're not going to be knackered IMO. They players will ave still worked incredibly hard and it should be a couple of cracking games. A draw/1 goal in it going into the second leg could make for a fantastic game. 

Like to thank all the genuine support from Ayr fans who backed us to beat Livi , think its going to a very close encounter with nothing being decided in the 1 st Leg , positive points for us that we play as well away from home as we do at home so even a draw in the first leg would suit us .

I agree that we will probably start the same 11 as usual but that's down to the success they have had and a super understanding of playing together but I don't agree that we lack depth with players like Longworth ,Baron , Turner and Kemp all able to come off the bench and make an impact .

No reason to be anything other than confident , we have a great squad of players , strong , fit and always dangerous going forward , in my opinion we have several players that I would consider the best in the league so lets make it 3 rd time lucky.

Best of luck to Ayr and you'll certainly out support us but I hope that's all , see you all soon

I like Stinlar. They are a club that are trying to better themselves at every level

Have to watch your highlights with the sound off thoughis, brutal.

Wow , what a load of shite you have spouted .

I spoke to Jamie and offered him the opportunity to do pre season with Stranraer in an attempt to regain his fitness .

I was informed by him and his father that he would never play football again due to his back injury, it was a shock for me when he joined Ayr .

If your going to make statements try and make sure there truthful.

RHR.

Well that's strange considering he was playing football last season no problem even though it was at a very low level. His dislike for Stranraer is pretty well known, just watch his celebration when he scores against you lot. Which is a tad surprising given he comes from Stranraer I think. The story about him being rejected because of injury may be exagerated slighty but he has had multiple probelms with the ligaments in his knees, especially at QOS and Partick (both being managed by McCall at the time), BTW I was talking about at the start of his career when Stranarer supposedly rejected him not at the start of this season.  

Well that's strange considering he was playing football last season no problem even though it was at a very low level. His dislike for Stranraer is pretty well known, just watch his celebration when he scores against you lot. Which is a tad surprising given he comes from Stranraer I think. The story about him being rejected because of injury may be exagerated slighty but he has had multiple probelms with the ligaments in his knees, especially at QOS and Partick (both being managed by McCall at the time), BTW I was talking about at the start of his career when Stranarer supposedly rejected him not at the start of this season.

Jamie never played for Stranraer sorry he left school and went to Kilmarnock after playing for local youth teams and youth teams in Ayrshire. Good player and good to see him playing at a decent level again

Jamie never played for Stranraer sorry he left school and went to Kilmarnock after playing for local youth teams and youth teams in Ayrshire. Good player and good to see him playing at a decent level again

Yeah I know he never actually played for Stranraer and he had played for Killie for a few years but could never make many appearances due to the problems with his ligaments. What I said was I thought he was rejected by Stranraer before he even joined Killie but was rejected for unknown reasons.

I like Stranraer but Ayr going up would mean we're on 12 points before a ball has even been kicked next season. It's a tough choice.

We're always happy to help you plucky Fifers

Yeah I know he never actually played for Stranraer and he had played for Killie for a few years but could never make many appearances due to the problems with his ligaments. What I said was I thought he was rejected by Stranraer before he even joined Killie but was rejected for unknown reasons.

Your not going to let this go are you !!

Jamie Adams was never rejected by Stranraer FC , we never had youth teams when Jamie was playing so we never , even if we wanted to , rejected him.

RHR.

Just out of interest, where does this "Stinlar" patter come from?

It's in the category above "El Bacteria" but below "Lavvy" imo

Pretty pish patter.

Top tier is "Wee Team" and "Hibs" by the way.

Can't find details anywhere but, something makes me think Adams was part of the Ayr United youth set up before joining Kilmarnock. Might be getting mixed up with Rory Loy, both Stranraer boys about the same age who were at Killie at the same time.

As mentioned there was no recognised youth set up a the club around this time so for Adams to feel 'rejected' by Stranraer seems very odd. Much like Kevin Kyle who seems to have a chip on his shoulder about Campbell Money no giving him a contract at fifteen years old.

Both players have spent the most part of their careers playing at a higher level than Stranraer and done well for themselves, so seems strange that they even care about the club.

Regardless it's good to see a local boy doing well. Few decent players to come out this area. Not an easy feat given the lack of interest from scouts to come down here.

Reid will maybe offer Adams a deal IF we get promoted.....

Can't find details anywhere but, something makes me think Adams was part of the Ayr United youth set up before joining Kilmarnock. Might be getting mixed up with Rory Loy, both Stranraer boys about the same age who were at Killie at the same time.

As mentioned there was no recognised youth set up a the club around this time so for Adams to feel 'rejected' by Stranraer seems very odd. Much like Kevin Kyle who seems to have a chip on his shoulder about Campbell Money no giving him a contract at fifteen years old.

Both players have spent the most part of their careers playing at a higher level than Stranraer and done well for themselves, so seems strange that they even care about the club.

Regardless it's good to see a local boy doing well. Few decent players to come out this area. Not an easy feat given the lack of interest from scouts to come down here.

Reid will maybe offer Adams a deal IF we get promoted.....

I spoke to Adam's a few weeks ago and he said he's wasn't approached by Stranraer at all!?!?

His dad must not be passing on his messages. That pesky dad always joking around. 😀

Looking forward to a tight tussle but fully expect us to be too strong. Despite our rivalry I don't hate Stranraer and hope you come up next season.

Good guide to the outcome might be the table since 1 January. Stranraer second only to Dunfermline.

Archived