Clyde vs QP/QP vs Clyde - Play off Final

Hey guys, I'm thinking of attending as I live near Queens Park station. Can't find any details about prices though on the website. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I'm thinking of attending as I live near Queens Park station. Can't find any details about prices though on the website. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

£12 Adult, £2 concession.

our so called better players have to turn up...Linton, Kilpatrick, Higgins and of course no Marvin!

Freddy - interesting that you don't rate the Beastie Boy, or was Gemmell's omission unintentional?

Can only echo the above comments, if Andrews starts then QP will score. Andrews has only looked good against teams that play the high ball if the ball is at his feet then he is hopeless. He did play very well against Montrose and Annan as he was able to header absolutely everything away. QP on the other hand will play the ball to feet and he will struggle, again.

If Bolo and Marko are not fit then we have a problem as the only other realistic option is to drop Marsh back into defence and we cant afford to lose his energy and drive in the middle of the pitch.

Just Watched highlights from hotel room in NY. Firstly Suprised BF played Marv against a team well known for pace. Perhaps Bolo(If Fit) or droppin marsh back(Then again see below*) would have been my choice though marv not alone as defending for their 2nd goal was shocking at least two or three ball watching or putting in half hearted tackles(*) before the final shot, 3rd was a peach but did sit up kindly,These wee things can be the difference ....

Positives. We did look like we created several chances in 1st half and we did put the fear into them after going 0-2 down during the last game at hampden & probably should have got at least a point,Starting with the right attitude-We can do it!!!...

We need every player to play out his skin not just one or two of our better and if this happens & we fall short i personally stand n clap every single of them off park,Not been a bad season just been pretty unlucky in some games and esp with injuries...

Roll on sat & The Jet lag but who gives a fuk...

WAC - Foreva n eva..!

Freddy - interesting that you don't rate the Beastie Boy, or was Gemmell's omission unintentional?

Gemmell is our only real goal threat but, in saying that, he is not the player he was when last in this division with Albion and the way we play does not get the best out of him.

On Andrews, it’s not simply he’ll win everything in the air but nothing on the ground. He can actually tackle as well.

The problem with QP games is not how well they defend once they’re ahead, it’s that we push so high up the pitch we leave massive gaps at the back for them to exploit.

With Brisbane at rightback, even with him playing well, there’s a huge target zone in behind him and Andrews to aim for. As a result Andrews and Smith, who are both slow on the turn, don’t want to step out of the line and attack the ball, for fear they’ll get caught out. This then pulls Scott McLaughlin back to play far too deep and the gap in between him and the rest of the midfield becomes huge, and that’s where Queen’s will get their joy.

If we’re to have any chance on Saturday, we need some calm heads (Ferguson and Clyde fans included). No matter how much we need a goal, if we push our defence too far forward, we’re more likely to concede than score. I think we need to start with Millen and McLaughlin sitting in midfield, and Marsh in defence for some pace, before we look to do anything else.

Back 3 could be an option where we could maybe getting away with playing Andrews if Marko doesn't make it. Marsh and Smith at either side of him. Millen and McLaughlin sitting with Kirkpatrick pushing further forward and Brisbane and Linton wide. Obviously beast up top with one of Gormley/Higgins. With the extra man in midfield Brisbane and Linton can hug the touchlines and play to Gemmells strengths. Although it would require a lot of energy for them both to get up and down the touch line but every formation has its flaws.

Could still be a bit of a problem in the aforementioned gap Brisbane would leave in behind especially with him playing wing back instead of full back but the extra centre back on that side Marsh would be quicker than any other option to cover.

Need to do something that Queen's might not expect to possibly knock them off their stride.

virtually every poster identifies the need to create a formation that allows decent width to get the best out of Gemmell, so genuine question - why is something so blatantly obvious only becoming a hot topic for the final game of the season ( any QP, Rovers or Stenny fan without coaching badges could have told you that three months ago which makes it bizarre that we're highlighting it now)?

The reason it probably hasn't happened is that Gemmell since he signed hasn't always been available and it's only the last few games he has been starting regularly, when we went on our run of winning games a few weeks before we chucked the league away we had a settled formation & team that didn't include him so since he has came back in we haven't really changed things a great deal & we have also been winning so there was no requirement to change it until what happened on Tuesday.

The reason it probably hasn't happened is that Gemmell since he signed hasn't always been available and it's only the last few games he has been starting regularly, when we went on our run of winning games a few weeks before we chucked the league away we had a settled formation & team that didn't include him so since he has came back in we haven't really changed things a great deal & we have also been winning so there was no requirement to change it until what happened on Tuesday.

ok, that kinda makes sense - so it might be better if you don't play him (he asked hopefully!)?

Archived