Clyde vs QP/QP vs Clyde - Play off Final

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really surprised at how much we were the better side. Ended up a skoosh case. Clyde really had nothing other than pumping it up to Gemmell and long throws.

What a feckin screamer of a third goal. Spunkadelic.

Nothing new there must be the only words in there dictionary lol anyway well done to seems for that score line makes it bitty tougher for the bullys on saturdat

There......you said there.... *sigh* didn't teach English up in inbred land did they?

Absolutely horrific display tonight. Nothing but hoof ball for 90 minutes. What is this jinx we have when we play quee pee. We played lovely passing football on Saturday but tonight they couldn't be fucked.

3rd goal was stunning I'll say that but Gus's time wasting tactics and his constant moaning on the touch line is horrendous. He really is scum.

Love how any time we went near a QP player they were theatrically throwing themselves and holding their face. Must be their time of the month the big blouses

Calm down it's only half time

Against a Gus MacPherson team, a 2-0 deficit is as good as over. Add to that the squad deficiencies we have (which may be even greater after this evening's game), and the fact QP time wasted for about 50 minutes in the first leg alone, and we've no chance.

QP were poor themselves, but just exposed our defensive frailties without Marko and capitalised on it. A soft penalty but Stevie Wonder could've seen it was coming, a shambolically defended pinball assist for the second and a stunner to cap it off.

We play the long ball well but I don't think Gormley offers enough next to Gemmell. Runs all game, but plays too deep to take advantage of Gemmell's flicks. Can't finish and has no pace. That brings me on to my next point. A team, especially one which plays the long ball, relies on players with the intelligence and forward thinking ability to position themselves to take advantage of headers and the like. The amount of second balls which QP gobbled up in their own box with Clyde players all looking on was astounding. Andrews' header right across the goal line was the stand out example of nobody taking the gamble.

Rant over. If we don't go up, it could be even harder to do so next year I would imagine. The only bonus is we don't have the instant concession of 10+ points to that mob.

Great tribute to Chris Mitchell tonight.

Gutted with the result. Marvin was a bombscare the whole game and Brisbane also struggled defensively so QP had a lot of joy down our right hand side. The penalty was beyond daft by Andrews. We done well to get back into the game so quickly but failed to score a second when we were on top in the first half. Would have been great if Kilpatrick's free kick had went in on the 16th minute.

Second half and we just weren't in the game, Queens Park just seemed to have an extra man in space or to block the ball at crucial times.

The third was an amazing strike and all but ends the tie as far as I am concerned. I've never seen us win at Hampden never mind by two goals.

Too many of our better players just didn't perform tonight and giving the circumstances you can't criticise any of them.

Fair play to QP, Gus has clearly done his homework & knows how to play against us. If a team sit deep we are clueless, but if we are gonna persevere with aimless lumps up the park why take Gemmell off?

Can anyone justify any of the 3 subs we made?

Even when Gemmell went off Clyde kept trying to hoof it up front. Very strange tactics there.

Think we deserved the win for that third goal alone. In the second we played some nice football which is what won us the match, they couldn't match us when we kept the ball on the deck.

Absolutely delighted anyway. Can't wait for Saturday now.

That goal jesus f**k what a striker.

Clyde were an utter gang as expected just playing for throw ins and free kicks to take advantage of their superior muscle. Is that really all he can muster? Pretty embarrassing stuff.

The subs were dire as well Millen on for a striker when chasing the game made zero sense to me. Brisbane looked the only footballer in the team and that was from full back.

Queens ran over the top of them second half and thoroughly deserved a two goal cushion. Carter and Gault were outstanding and never gave that defence a minute but I thought the kid Brown for 17 years old looked pretty special.

Another Barry clear out in the summer should sort it.

Lovely tribute to Chris Mitchell in the 16th minute and an impeccable minutes silence.

To be fair in the first half the long ball to Gemmell worked as QP were struggling with any ball up to him & they looked very shaky but early in the 2nd half you could see we needed to change it but just completely fell out of the game.

Gus done BF yet again when it comes to tactics.

Ah well another season in the 2nd!

The hoofing it up the park was no surprise but it was truly awful tonight. Brisbane and Linton have been picked out for criticism in posts above but I think they were probably our only two players who at some stage took a first touch that wasn't a punt up the park.

Nothing against Clyde, but great to see that wee cardboard gangster Ferguson and his mob take a pasting tonight. Personally bankrolling players contracts in a desperate effort to be a success and fulfil his destiny to wear the brown brogues of management at Ibrox.

Pleasing

Archived