Scottish Greens

Wilky1878

On 14/04/2021 at 19:10, Pato said:

It's not really a failing of the individual to sell to the person offering the most money, this is a market in need of regulation.

Yeah*, he's a proud and pretty well respected member of the local community and he's torn up by the feeling that he's selling them out (his words). He'd much prefer to sell to a local with a young family, but financially it's a no-brainer to take the agent cash to secure his and my mother-in-law's future. They're not that old, easily another 25+ years in them both. It's hard to reconcile.

Spoiler

Sorry, @GordonS

Edited by Cyclizine

17 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Yeah*, he's a proud and pretty well respected member of the local community and he's torn up by the feeling that he's selling them out (his words). He'd much prefer to sell to a local with a young family, but financially it's a no-brainer to take the agent cash to secure his and my mother-in-law's future. They're not that old, easily another 25+ years in them both. It's hard to reconcile.

Hide contents

Sorry, @GordonS

I don't blame anyone for making obvious decisions for themselves in a system that they want to change. Like folk that bought their council houses but voted for parties that would end their sale. You've got to live in the world you're in, even while you're trying to change it.

Wow, Lorna Slater appeared to have little strategic nous on the Sunday show this morning. Pitching for unionist votes and downplaying independence when their big chance to get more seats is to tempt SNP constituency voters on the list vote. Also, the nonsense of "fully costed" statements on policy around complex engineering projects lacks credibility. I'm fully behind net zero but it can't happen overnight, and a sensible transition is required. I'm sure the Greens can help to raise the profile of net zero, but not if they turn off pro-indy voters and lose seats. 

I know that it’s a given that all cyclists without exception are total c###s, but you just know that Harvie will be even worse than the aforementioned c###s. I can just picture him gesticulating at some poor bus driver in the Lawnmarket for not affording him the correct amount of space at the traffic lights. Bald p***k.

45 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

I know that it’s a given that all cyclists without exception are total c###s, but you just know that Harvie will be even worse than the aforementioned c###s. I can just picture him gesticulating at some poor bus driver in the Lawnmarket for not affording him the correct amount of space at the traffic lights. Bald p***k.

21 hours ago, GordonS said:

I'm surprised his disapproval isn't more than 26%. He's a gammon-lightning rod. 

Just now, Pato said:

'no letting diseased darkies in'

Oh come on, did you accuse New Zealand or Taiwan of racism when they closed their borders?

If there's one lesson from the past year it's that serious travel restrictions and quarantine was definitely the way to go. 

8 minutes ago, Pato said:

English greens I know but :

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Oh come on, did you accuse New Zealand or Taiwan of racism when they closed their borders?

If there's one lesson from the past year it's that serious travel restrictions and quarantine was definitely the way to go. 

Can't see why it's problematic going forward to have lefties using words like "porous" to describe the borders that won't backfire for sure.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Can't see why it's problematic going forward to have lefties using words like "porous" to describe the borders that won't backfire for sure.

Only if you're deliberately ignoring the rather obvious context.

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Only if you're deliberately ignoring the rather obvious context.

Thankfully one thing we can say about British politics is that politicians that don't belong to the Conservatives don't regularly have their words and deeds stripped of context if it makes them look bad or benefits the Tory Party's agenda.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Thankfully one thing we can say about British politics is that politicians that don't belong to the Conservatives don't regularly have their words and deeds stripped of context if it makes them look bad or benefits the Tory Party's agenda.

Doesn't mean we need to do it here, or that parties should argue against what's right. It's a bit like saying parties shouldn't criticise treatment of Palestinians for fear of appearing anti-semitic. 

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Doesn't mean we need to do it here, or that parties should argue against what's right. It's a bit like saying parties shouldn't criticise treatment of Palestinians for fear of appearing anti-semitic. 

Maybe she could expand on the porous borders comment and talk about a flood of people bringing in dangerous variants.

• 3 weeks later...