Worst job you have ever had?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not my job so off topic but one of the customers from my work - Finlay's - have a man sit with a scoop, scales and by hand fill their coffee bags to 1kg then heat seal the bag.

All day. Every day.

Nut.

Were you allowed to listen to your own music, read, or anything like that?

On a production line? Nope, you will get music piped through from the local tinpot fm. So bad you can set your watch by it.

Chesney Hawkes, yes 10 o'clock! Nearly break time.

I'm sure working in jobs like this makes time go backwards. The last hour on Friday seems to last a month.

More GTA style side missions than proper jobs. £200 to queue up overnight to to stick a deposit on a flat for the boss. Only downside was it was in a grim part of Whitechapel and I had to spend the night fending off assorted down and outs, and them returning with down and out friends and relatives. Had a boy in a wheel chair trying to fight me.

I once worked in a factory where they were putting in a new intake hopper.  Once they had removed the old hopper I had to clean twenty years of rat shite out of the tunnel into the factory.  As it was exceptionally dark and couldn't see that well, I was thinking to myself how could this get any worse, and then of course I stood on what I thought was a big turd as it was very mushy.  But it was a pile of rat babies. Totally squashed with my big size 14 foot.

All that for minimum wage as well.

I had a temp job where the whole point of it was to put myself out of work.

Stock checking and resolving a company's stock problems.

Kicked the arsehole out of it for as long as possible.

I worked in a brickworks for 3 months after leaving school. Trolleys with a single layer of 15 slabs on them would come out the kiln. I had to lift 6 of the slabs and stack them on the other slabs, sweep out the sand that had deposited between the slabs and then put the 6 slabs back down - all whilst each trolley moved along a production line. Trolley after trolley from 7:30 until 4 day after fuckin day. Soul destroying. And every c**t hated me for being a student - which is fair enough I suppose. At lunchtime I used to just go out for a wee while and stare at fields.

I worked in a Morrison's petrol station for a couple of years. Being off the till stocking up was good and getting to wander over to the store for more stock was a great skive. On the till though was absoloute tedium. I also had to really bite my tongue at times at the rudeness of some customers, especially taxi drivers. Common courtesy costs nothing. Mind numbing job.

Worked in a call centre during what would have been my 6th Yr. Was made team leader after 3 months because every else there was a moron. Woke up every day with knots in my stomach dreading going in

I worked in a slaughterhouse once........................................................................

I 'worked' in a chicken abattoir for about two hours although I never did any actual work.  Filled in forms, got shown around and then got sent to the nurse for a medical.

While I was sitting outside the nurses office I just fucked off home and never went back.

I'd met some of my fellow workers and they were the most awful people I've ever encountered.  This is quite an obscure Simpsons reference, but in one episode Bart gets caught stealing a computer game by a tough, surly store detective called Don Brodka played by Lawrence Tierney. 

Basically every single person who worked there was a Scottish equivalent of Don Brodka, and that was including the women.

I 'worked' in a chicken abattoir for about two hours although I never did any actual work. Filled in forms, got shown around and then got sent to the nurse for a medical.

While I was sitting outside the nurses office I just fucked off home and never went back.

I'd met some of my fellow workers and they were the most awful people I've ever encountered. This is quite an obscure Simpsons reference, but in one episode Bart gets caught stealing a computer game by a tough, surly store detective called Don Brodka played by Lawrence Tierney.

Basically every single person who worked there was a Scottish equivalent of Don Brodka, and that was including the women.

Capisce

I once worked in a warehouse and the first two hours of the day consisted of checking vodka bottle caps for imperfections. Because people ain't buying vodka if that shitey wee cap isn't pristine, you understand.

The rest of the day was spent folding Jura whisky boxes.

f**k.

Me.

Archived