shire v edin city

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet they still managed to draw away to Edinburgh city. More evidence that both the lowland & highland leagues are full of overrated dross.

Annan athletic constantly finish in top six of league two yet only finished seventh their last year in East of Scotland. Obviously teams will have the opportunity to grow a bigger Cheers san fan base and sign better players through entering the league but merely using one ( or two ) results to compare and make sweeping statements is quite ill informed.

Annan athletic constantly finish in top six of league two yet only finished seventh their last year in East of Scotland. Obviously teams will have the opportunity to grow a bigger Cheers san fan base and sign better players through entering the league but merely using one ( or two ) results to compare and make sweeping statements is quite ill informed.

^^^^

Doesn't understand the internet! :(

A team that has banned all unsupervised under 18s due to the actions of a minority, plays at a terrible venue for football and can't even beat east Stirling in a home match are going to add something to the spfl then?

A team that has banned all unsupervised under 18s due to the actions of a minority, plays at a terrible venue for football and can't even beat east Stirling in a home match are going to add something to the spfl then?

Maybe, maybe not. A team that's lost to the shire this season and rents an empty stadium can do it so why can't they?

Maybe, maybe not. A team that's lost to the shire this season and rents an empty stadium can do it so why can't they?

Of course we rent an empty stadium, it wouldn't be much use if it was already full.

Mbu's red card has been appealed and rightly so. From what I saw on Saturday City will get a major lift if he can play in the 2nd leg.

Can't believe Joe got a red card he hardly got a yellow card for us never mind a red!

Really hope the Shire pull through. I know the torment I'm feeling about an impending playoff tie at the other end of the league, but it must be nothing compared to being at the other end. 

Cmon Clyde 1,how can you say that,you lost to Formartine this season and Spartans last season,you've also been put out recently by Nairn County as well.

Just because a club can pull off a shock result by upping their game in a one off cup tie does not mean they will be a worthy long term addition to the spfl.

To scrape past east Stirling in a play off (if they actually manage to do so) is hardly impressive stuff from the so called 'best non league team'.

Just because a club can pull off a shock result by upping their game in a one off cup tie does not mean they will be a worthy long term addition to the spfl.

To scrape past east Stirling in a play off (if they actually manage to do so) is hardly impressive stuff from the so called 'best non league team'.

Love that. One or two games aren't a proper representation of quality- oh unless it's the narrative that suits you. Could it be that the shire have raised there game for the play off as it's essentially the biggest game in their history- in the same way as these smaller teams did when beating Clyde?

Love that. One or two games aren't a proper representation of quality- oh unless it's the narrative that suits you. Could it be that the shire have raised there game for the play off as it's essentially the biggest game in their history- in the same way as these smaller teams did when beating Clyde?

And what 'narrative' is that exactly?

I merely stated that a team who apparently offer nothing to the spfl did manage to draw away at the mighty Edinburgh City.

I would also question what a team that barely attracts 3 figure crowds are going to bring to the table that the shire don't?

I am not against the pyramid system as such but it would be a sad day to see a historic club drop out, possibly to oblivion, to be replaced by some diddies that offer nothing better or a bankrolled village team in the arctic circle.

And what 'narrative' is that exactly?

I merely stated that a team who apparently offer nothing to the spfl did manage to draw away at the mighty Edinburgh City.

I would also question what a team that barely attracts 3 figure crowds are going to bring to the table that the shire don't?

I am not against the pyramid system as such but it would be a sad day to see a historic club drop out, possibly to oblivion, to be replaced by some diddies that offer nothing better or a bankrolled village team in the arctic circle.

Surely you cannot be referring to Brora Rangers as diddy's, although the village is not too far off the arctic circle. New year no mistakes from the Sutherland village and SPFL their destiny.

Surely you cannot be referring to Brora Rangers as diddy's, although the village is not too far off the arctic circle. New year no mistakes from the Sutherland village and SPFL their destiny.

Cant believe he's referred to Brora as diddy's, theyre far from that

Major diddy's would be more appropriate

Like many things the theory and practise don't match up.. The pyramid should, in theory, bring value to the league and make it stronger. In practise, there's a lot of signs that suggest it will in fact be the opposite. There was a post recently that the Pennypit was ready for league status. How a stadium can qualify for that when two sides of the ground are bounded by garden walls, where locals simply jump the wall into the ground, is beyond me. We also went to Gretna - great wee club and very friendly - but one end of the park is wide open and fans can stand by the touchline, right next to the goal. And the farcical under18 rule imposed by EC is unimaginable in this league. I haven't been to any HL grounds but each winter it's not uncommon to see the entire fixture card postponed due to weather.

Like an86 QP fans know our disappointment at losing our play-off would bring nothing worse than the status quo but it was only a few years ago that QP - who sat last in the league every single week - could have been where Shire are now. And Clyde were there not so long ago too Clyde01. Evolution is a healthy thing but the New should enhance the Old. Currently, I'm not sure the fifth tier is there yet.

Good luck Shire.

Archived