shire v edin city

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't imagine it will have caused a meaningful number of people not to attend, but saying they had to put £1 on due to increased costs caused by the larger crowd does not really make sense. Their normal crowd is 320 but people are predicting perhaps 4 or 5 times that for this game: so those extra 3 or 4 times is entirely new income, but the costs of staging the game and putting the team out will not be 4 or 5 times higher than normal... Basically the implication would be that they'd make a loss at £12 per head (£11,520 to £15,360 extra income if everyone extra was an adult); but that a further £960 to £1,280 would turn that into break-even or a profit. Seems unlikely.

It's a big game so they've stuck £1 on - fair enough to them, frankly.

Previous pyramid play-off crowds were:

908 - Edinburgh City v Brora

350 - Brora v Edinburgh City

525 - Brora v Montrose

2,132 - Montrose v Brora

400 - Cove v Edinburgh City

839 - Edinburgh City v Cove

1,090 Edinburgh City v East Stirlingshire

£15 for Falkirk v Hibs is excellent value.

Aye I wasn't meaning you when I said that. But costs for clubs at this level are high so they need to charge a good bit more than the juniors. £6 for Pollok seems very decent, I've paid £4 to watch Arbroath Vics before when I could genuinely take a game for them if they were struggling.

It's all pretty disproportionate but at the end of the day it's all really small margins. You're talking a £9 difference between Pollok and Hibs and a £11 difference between Arbroath Vics and Hibs.

The extra pound would see the shire take in over a grand more than usual. Any chance they've offered the players a good bonus to stay up and this is the only way they can afford it?

Same.

I mean I can understand being neutral but actively wanting shire to stay up over Edinburgh City? Why?

Tbh easier to get to for us, City i don't see bringing a whole lot more than shire. Shire have some history and fans deserve a break and I really don't fancy a trip to meadowbank

It's decisions that were taken 20 years ago that have put the shire in this position where our league status could end tomorrow. If tomorrow goes Edinburgh City's way I hope the fans remember this when looking for a scapegoat.

1-0 shire Mbu O/G

Hopefully Edinburgh can win this tomorrow, would be nice to have the pyramid structure beginning to take shape and also to see a new team coming through to show what they can do at a national level.

It's decisions that were taken 20 years ago that have put the shire in this position where our league status could end tomorrow. If tomorrow goes Edinburgh City's way I hope the fans remember this when looking for a scapegoat.

1-0 shire Mbu O/G

I tend to agree with your comments, imo the Shire have been on  a downward spiral since they left Firs Park. If the Shire had been able to get a ground of their own fairly quickly after leaving Firs Park then it might not have found itself in this position. Hope for the best for the Shire tomorrow as I think that Edinburgh City might have lost their chance at Meadowbank to gain the advantage but you never know.

Archived