shire v edin city

I hope Edinburgh City come up primarily on basis of its a new ground to visit & something a bit different. I would probably have said the soup at ochilview was worthy of Shire staying up but sadly it's been sold out the twice we've visited this season. So basically make sure you have plenty of soup or let City come up.

#soup

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was considering going to the second leg on Saturday with my dad as a neutral fan. After looking at the prices, £13 for an adult and whatever the concession price is a complete rip off. It's £5 and £2 at lowland league games. Will stay at home instead.

I was considering going to the second leg on Saturday with my dad as a neutral fan. After looking at the prices, £13 for an adult and whatever the concession price is a complete rip off. It's £5 and £2 at lowland league games. Will stay at home instead.

FFS it's a final to see who gets to stay or get in the SPFL, The whining about prices in Scotland is unbelievable. If you can't afford to take your Dad to that I guess he'll never be seeing Starks Park again. Or the other way round.;

I hope Edinburgh City come up primarily on basis of its a new ground to visit & something a bit different. I would probably have said the soup at ochilview was worthy of Shire staying up but sadly it's been sold out the twice we've visited this season. So basically make sure you have plenty of soup or let City come up.

#soup

You can guess the maximum age of this poster as he obviously hasn't witness the Meadowbank experience.

When did Mr Blobby transplant the Franchise to Livingston -mid 90s? Guy must be under 30.

Meadowbank is an gawd-awful venue for football. Been about 10 times there to see Meadowbank and then Beanos drew Edinburgh City in the Cup about 6 years ago to give us a reminder of the shite view, shite atmosphere and bloody cold wind (OK it's Edinburgh so that goes without saying).

I was one of the "Numbskull 90" who paid to get into a midweek Meadowbank v Stirling game when Liverpool were live on the telly that night (must have been just at the end of the blacking out if English games in Scotland if there one one game on in Scotland that night)

Attendance was 152 but only 90 paid to get in to the Commonwealth Stadium so Daily Record plastered a photo over the back page and called us idiots for going to watch our team. Classy.

You can guess the maximum age of this poster as he obviously hasn't witness the Meadowbank experience.

When did Mr Blobby transplant the Franchise to Livingston -mid 90s? Guy must be under 30.

Meadowbank is an gawd-awful venue for football. Been about 10 times there to see Meadowbank and then Beanos drew Edinburgh City in the Cup about 6 years ago to give us a reminder of the shite view, shite atmosphere and bloody cold wind (OK it's Edinburgh so that goes without saying).

I was one of the "Numbskull 90" who paid to get into a midweek Meadowbank v Stirling game when Liverpool were live on the telly that night (must have been just at the end of the blacking out if English games in Scotland if there one one game on in Scotland that night)

Attendance was 152 but only 90 paid to get in to the Commonwealth Stadium so Daily Record plastered a photo over the back page and called us idiots for going to watch our team. Classy.

Meadowbak stadium isn;t the best but it is being demolished after next year so even if City come up, a maximum of two league games before the dynamite is packed into the concrete foundations.

In the event of promotion I guess they will be ground sharing with Spartans until a new and much more football-friendly Meadowbank complex emerges.

Meadowbak stadium isn;t the best but it is being demolished after next year so even if City come up, a maximum of two league games before the dynamite is packed into the concrete foundations.

In the event of promotion I guess they will be ground sharing with Spartans until a new and much more football-friendly Meadowbank complex emerges.

Cove were told they couldn't ground share with Inverurie because they played in a different set up so unless Spartans get promoted that won't happen I don't think.

Clyde and Cumbernauld Colts share Broadwood.

I've only seen the suggestion that Inverurie was "off the cards" on the FitbaNorth forum, and there the implication was that Inverurie didn't want double the number of games (Cove used 4 different grounds this season - including many games at Formartine and not just Inverurie) and/or that HL didn't or wouldn't agree to workings Inverurie's home games around Cove's. In LL they already accommodate several groundshares.

You'd like to think common sense on venues would prevail, anyway.

I think a more realistic issue at Ainslie Park is it's already used every Saturday, with Spartans EOS at home when Spartans aren't.

From what I have heard any planned redevelopment has been shelved by Council/Edinburgh Leisure due to lack of funding.

Ticket Prices for Edinburgh City Game

The club has announced the Ticket Prices for the Pyramid Play-off Second Leg against Edinburgh City.

They are as follows:

Adults: £13,Concessions: £7,Children 12 years or under £1.00 (when accompanied by an adult.).

Season Tickets are valid for the match.

Must admit I expected a crowd to beat the 1100 for our league match against Livi a few years ago but with price set at £13 I think it will now be half that.

I've paid £13 all year to get into Gayfield.

It's really not that much money. How much do people think would be fair?

Can see why it might put off a neutral, but for fans of the club how hard is it to do that twice a month to support your club?

Can see why it might put off a neutral, but for fans of the club how hard is it to do that twice a month to support your club?

Galabank £10 & £5 accompanied under12 or 16,s (no quite sure) free.

If they had kept the price the same as a normal League game £12, I don`t think anybody would have minded. However they appear to want to make us much money from this game as possible, don`t know the reason why ?. I can only assume they are expecting more than the 300/400 the Shire normally get to pay for the increased security required such as more Stewards, Police etc. Noticed they will be letting their own Season ticket holders in for nothing, good gesture after the season they have had. Just hope they order in more pies etc in anticipation of the biggest crowd of the season. Last time I was at Ochilview they ran out of pies before halftime when the Albion played the Shire their and the crowd was roundabout 500 that day.

Inverness City in the North Region Super League charge £6, more than the Lowland League apparently, Highland League is £8. Can't believe how little you Southerners are willing to spend to support your teams.

If they had kept the price the same as a normal League game £12, I don`t think anybody would have minded.

An extra pound for the most important game in either team's history. How dare they! It's not like they need the money.

Archived