#BothVotesSNP

Scary Bear

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a majority of MSPs for second referendum should those circumstances come about.

Can you answer me in terms of delivering their manifesto and actually governing how the SNP would be best served by having less MSPs?

True, there is. That majority could have been bigger.

Obviously the ideal situation for the SNP would be having enough MSPs to form a majority government, but as seen that will be hugely difficult to achieve again.

It may be a better strategy to have another smaller party who are pro independence, but who won't do much damage in the Constituency vote.

Thought it was the tories that made the election all about independence??

It is. That's why they've been so successful this time. Horrible divisive Britnats that they are.

True, there is. That majority could have been bigger.

Obviously the ideal situation for the SNP would be having enough MSPs to form a majority government, but as seen that will be hugely difficult to achieve again.

It may be a better strategy to have another smaller party who are pro independence, but who won't do much damage in the Constituency vote.

Actually having an SNP government being held to account by significant opposition from both left and right at Holyrood looks like a better situation to me.

The Scottish Parliament was built on the basis that it would require the governing party to build consensus to get things done.

With an overall majority the SNP governed untrammelled like a Westminster government

It seems to me that the list has worked perfectly. No list and the SNP smash it leaving most of the country unrepresented. The list means the swathes of Tory voters get their representatives and the parliament is fair.

If you'd have shown this result to someone back whenever the system was put in place (swap Labour and the SNP so as not to shock the past-person) they would probably say it was as good as a landslide.

Out of interest has anyone got any articles from the introduction of the system explaining how it works conceptually with no actual results? Would be interesting to compare with what we think about it after a few elections.

You would have to be the most blinkered of SNPGOOD types to not accept that an SNP government that can't do something if literally everyone else thinks it's a bad idea is probably an improvement

This.

Even for him he's gone off the radar.

That article Peppino shared earlier was superb heads gone. Pure seethe. Him talking about the Greens "holding the SNP hostage" hahahaha.

You would have to be the most blinkered of SNPGOOD types to not accept that an SNP government that can't do something if literally everyone else thinks it's a bad idea is probably an improvement
It's also rather blinkered to believe that MSP's will always vote for what they believe rather than what they are told. Of course I include the SNP here.

It's also rather blinkered to believe that MSP's will always vote for what they believe rather than what they are told. Of course I include the SNP here.

The SNP are comfortably the most disciplined party at it in UK politics at the moment.

Even for him he's gone off the radar.

The guy is plainly not all there. Absolute fruit loop going further off the rails and abusing random posters on his blog. Hilarious stuff.

Whats wings up to? I was blocked ages ago, thankfully, but I'd enjoy a wee breakdown.

Last tweet I read he didn't care whether Scotland was independent or not.

He seems to have taken people splitting their vote rather personally.

Archived