#BothVotesSNP

Scary Bear

Some of the heads gone moments from SNP people towards the Greens on twitter is, quite frankly, an embarrassment. It's literally the same sort of tribal shit that people turned away from Labour for.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to hear from the SNP/Tory combo voters.  

Presumably* a few folk went this way in order to give Labour a bloody nose.  It worked.

*Not really, but I'd like to know if this demographic actually exists.

Some of the heads gone moments from SNP people towards the Greens on twitter is, quite frankly, an embarrassment. It's literally the same sort of tribal shit that people turned away from Labour for.

It's just the roaster wing of the SNP led by Wings. I think the Greens stood to gain a couple of more seats if the SNP second vote had went to them and it's a shame that Zara Kitson and Maggie Chapman didn't get elected but the pro-indy contingent of the parliament is looking healthy and I've high hopes for this parliament.

While I can understand that SNP have to campaign for every vote, I think the #BothVotesSNP tagline has backfired on them. A lot of those second votes would have been Green, giving a few more pro-Indy MSPs.

In saying that, are the Greens pro-Indy by default or do they leave that up to the MSP to decide?

What benefit would there be to the SNP to have more Green MSPs?

How many more pro Indy voices to we need?

We have a pro Indy majority if we need to utilise that in the life of the parliament.

In the Lib Dems we also have a different set of options for cooperation which means we are not beholden to the wackier green policies whilst still getting a sharp stick from the left.

As an SNP member the results could have been better. In terms of a pro Indy liberal progressive parliament I'm pretty optimistic.

We could be Welsh.

It's a shame for you that it remains, despite all claims to the contrary, a reasonably solid No to Indy voting population then isn't it?

Good to just have it confirmed that the treacherous SNP have absolutely no sniff of a mandate for another hate fuelled referendum.

'Hate fuelled'.

It's as if we are going to go around shooting NO voters until there's a YES majority.

Come to think of it .....

'Hate fuelled'.

It's as if we are going to go around shooting NO voters until there's a YES majority.

Come to think of it .....

Another defeat in an independence referendum would surely throw up another one of your homicide/suicide dilemmas for many a Nat.

Just look at the state of the majority of them in here after their party "made history" last night.

953,587 votes equating to 4 Regional List seats. Good return?

Would they have been better not pedalling the both votes SNP line and letting the independence supporting Greens get a few more seats?

If they had campaigned for SNP-Green then they'd be tying their hands when it comes to the business of government as they'd have difficulty credibly opposing a party that they'd told people to vote for. And the SNP is a wide enough Kirk outside of the issue of independence already without destabilising it further likes that.

Being unable to call a referendum on it's own isn't a problem for the SNP until such time as they actually want to do it.

They won't want to do it till they think they can win it

And if they were unable to win a clear majority at Holyrood then it's probably not a good time to call a referendum.

As it's worked out they'll have to form a minority government and concentrate on running the country for a bit instead.

Another defeat in an independence referendum would surely throw up another one of your homicide/suicide dilemmas for many a Nat.

Just look at the state of the majority of them in here after their party "made history" last night.

I vote homocide.

No they don't, brexit next month they support one, the greens don't, material change they support one, greens don't. This is the high tide mark for the snap, we could be waiting decades for another chancenow, wwe'll be sitting there in old people's homes saying yeah those green tubes fucked it.

Ultimately the swathes of British Nationalist North Britons are what fucked it.

Good to just have it confirmed that the treacherous SNP have absolutely no sniff of a mandate for another hate fuelled referendum.

If they're traitors to Britain, you're a traitor to Scotland. Swings and roundabouts.

How about these MSPs just forget about the indy question, sit down and run the fucking country like they were elected to do?

My bro in law (staunch unionist/rangers fan) is seething on Facebook, pretty funny.

Why would he be raging, other than his permanent state? That was quite a decent result for raging Rangers fans, no?

Archived