#BothVotesSNP

Scary Bear

Idiot
Sorry to break it to you, so do the SNP.
No they don't, brexit next month they support one, the greens don't, material change they support one, greens don't. This is the high tide mark for the snap, we could be waiting decades for another chancenow, wwe'll be sitting there in old people's homes saying yeah those green tubes fucked it.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No they don't, brexit next month they support one, the greens don't, material change they support one, greens don't. This is the high tide mark for the snap, we could be waiting decades for another chancenow, wwe'll be sitting there in old people's homes saying yeah those green tubes fucked it.

So, in 6 weeks time Scotland votes for remain and rUK brexit.

At what point in your opinion would a majority SNP govt call a referendum.

of As I said, all these second vote green types are wallopers swho hhave just seriously damaged the independence cause, kiss goodbye to a referendum in this parliament now as the greens won't support it.

giphy.gif

But Yes would lose again. The continual talk of a second indyref helped coalesce a vote around the Tories this time. It actually harmed the SNP.

On Brexit, lets wait and see what actually happens. I doubt we'll exit anyway and if we do - and if we vote to stay in - there will be plenty of time to built up the required level of support for a referendum.

So, in 6 weeks time Scotland votes for remain and rUK brexit.

At what point in your opinion would a majority SNP govt call a referendum.

Immediately, to be held In 2018. This is not news, that's always been the snap position they would pursue a referendum in those circumstances, the greens wouldn't and would instead haul down the new for bridge cause trees n that.

of As I said, all these second vote green types are wallopers swho hhave just seriously damaged the independence cause, kiss goodbye to a referendum in this parliament now as the greens won't support it.

Their manifesto explicitly says they will

But Yes would lose again. The continual talk of a second indyref helped coalesce a vote around the Tories this time. It actually harmed the SNP.

On Brexit, lets wait and see what actually happens. I doubt we'll exit anyway and if we do - and if we vote to stay in - there will be plenty of time to built up the required level of support for a referendum.

absolute nonsense all polls show show in the event of brexit we'd win by a mile, that's the perfect time to have it.

Invergowrie Arab Arabia also being very disingenuous as the snp can't call callareferendum they can only go to wm and say this gives us a mandate to hold one. I hate when ppeople have to lie to make their argument, pet hate of mine.

Immediately, to be held In 2018. This is not news, that's always been the snap position they would pursue a referendum in those circumstances, the greens wouldn't and would instead haul down the new for bridge cause trees n that.

Maybe you dreamt that?

See if we have a referendum every 5 years until we get independence can we make sure that after we are independent we have a referendum every 5 years until we vote for reunification? And continue the cycle ad infinitum.

It gives a vague commitment laden with caveats which mean not any time soon, the greens are not going to help, us winnindependnce

The irony is idiots like you are more of a danger to dream of independence than the greens you seem to despise.

Only your ignorance stops you from seeing this.

Will never happen. As all the unionists are going to up sticks and move to either England or Northern Ireland when Scotland does become independent. (That was the narrative last time).

Oh, how those orange sash walks are going to be a real loss for us.

Why do we need to do it now then?

The irony is idiots like you are more of a danger to dream of independence than the greens you seem to despise.

Only your ignorance stops you from seeing this.

no your naivety is thee biggest threat, imo independence is extremely unlikely now, Scotland so owners in London are celebrating today

See if we have a referendum every 5 years until we get independence can we make sure that after we are independent we have a referendum every 5 years until we vote for reunification? And continue the cycle ad infinitum.

I think what you mean

is

a Neverendum!!!

cameron-laughing-170x170.jpg?1434518960

While I can understand that SNP have to campaign for every vote, I think the #BothVotesSNP tagline has backfired on them. A lot of those second votes would have been Green, giving a few more pro-Indy MSPs.

In saying that, are the Greens pro-Indy by default or do they leave that up to the MSP to decide?

I think the lack of a majority is a healthy thing for Holyrood. The whole system isn't really set up for majorities anyway and I think this result reflects what the country is thinking right now and gives everybody a chance to influence legislation and maybe take more of a collective responsibility which may calm the SNPBAD rhetoric.

The Greens have shown a willingness to work constructively and I think that we will see a similar spirit from the Lib Dems. Labour are the question but they've got a lot of work to do and logic would suggest that their new status will give the party a bit more freedom to say what they actually think and maybe influence parliament.

The SNP are a vehicle to independence but there is a long way to go and I think people have to remember that the Scottish Parliament is very young. I'm fairly confident that in time, we'll see more people from all across the spectrum see Holyrood as a more constructive place for doing business and opposition will become more and more timid.

SNP majority after majority increases the pressure on their party leadership about a referendum timing (which should not be rushed or called for the sake of it) and furthers the perception that they own the concept which is a limiting factor.

Archived