Election Night

You seem upset.

Given the Lib Dems could easily have wound-up with 1 or 2 seats, the Great Escape-esque efforts in the constituencies is more than a little bit satisfying.

If you don't mind sharing what's been said in the party, how the hell did North East Fife happen?

I understand the massive swings in Orkney and in Shetland because 2 independent candidates who stood last time weren't there and their vote went back to the Lib. Edinburgh West was a direct result of the scandal involving the independent MP Michelle Thomson, but the North East Fife result seems bizarre.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an angry man you are. 

I clearly stated that I didn't agree with his politics, but that I was pleased for him on a personal level - I know him fairly well and he's one of the nicest people I've met in politics. I know good people in the SNP, and I would be equally happy for them if they stood successfully for the Scottish Parliament or anywhere else - again, despite not sharing their politics. 

Stop being such a fruitcake.

Not angry; just not surprised a Labour supporter was happy to see a Tory elected. I met loads of Tories when I was active in politics; wouldn't want to see any of them elected into any position. Can't think of any of my then Labour colleagues who would have wanted to see any Tories elected.

Changed days eh?

If you don't mind sharing what's been said in the party, how the hell did North East Fife happen?

I understand the massive swings in Orkney and in Shetland because 2 independent candidates who stood last time weren't there and their vote went back to the Lib. Edinburgh West was a direct result of the scandal involving the independent MP Michelle Thomson, but the North East Fife result seems bizarre.

We only lost it in 2011 and Willie is nothing if not a massively unapologetically persistent campaigner. He put so much of his energy into that seat.

We would be lying if we were anything other than stunned at just how comfortably we won NEF and Edinburgh West. Frankly we expected the Northern Isles to be a hell of a lot closer.

I find this argument about Labour bizarre tbh. Most people aren't left wing or right wing. The argument that Labour should always fit into this small box that anything towards the centre or right of it is Tory, is ridiculous imo.

Why should the millions of people who aren't as 'extreme' left as Corbyn and not Tories not be represented?

Not angry; just not surprised a Labour supporter was happy to see a Tory elected. I met loads of Tories when I was active in politics; wouldn't want to see any of them elected into any position. Can't think of any of my then Labour colleagues who would have wanted to see any Tories elected.

Changed days eh?

If I'd wanted Tory MSPs to be elected, I'd have voted for them. Ideally, no Tory candidates would have been successful, but that was always a long shot. If I had to choose one Tory candidate to be elected from those standing, it would have been him. I'm happy for him on a purely personal level. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. 

NEF has been liberal for decades. The Tory share of the vote went down there as well.

Rod Campbell was the wrong candidate. It is a difficult decision to deselect sitting MSPs but they did it in Angus North.

Having a wee read of what I missed. I helped put Jo Lo oot on her arse. Nice feeling.

It was kind of brutal to see her on TV. She was pretty much past the point of still trying to maintain she had even the slightest chance of winning her seat, and pretty much admitted live on TV that she was done for.

NEF has been liberal for decades. The Tory share of the vote went down there as well.

Rod Campbell was the wrong candidate. It is a difficult decision to deselect sitting MSPs but they did it in Angus North.

Why was Nigel Don deselected? I can't remember reading anything about this.

We only lost it in 2011 and Willie is nothing if not a massively unapologetically persistent campaigner. He put so much of his energy into that seat.

We would be lying if we were anything other than stunned at just how comfortably we won NEF and Edinburgh West. Frankly we expected the Northern Isles to be a hell of a lot closer.

In fairness, my mate who voted SNP did have Willie Rennie canvas him...and said he came across very well on the doorstep. I don't think he is leadership material but could run quite a good constituency.

First of all you look after the people on your street, then your village, then your town etc etc.

In fairness, my mate who voted SNP did have Willie Rennie canvas him...and said he came across very well on the doorstep. I don't think he is leadership material but could run quite a good constituency.

First of all you look after the people on your street, then your village, then your town etc etc.

Rennie kind of reminds me as Miliband a bit. Quite awkward and weird in a sense, but seems like a decent enough person. I imagine that's probably appealing to some constituents.

You seem upset.

Given the Lib Dems could easily have wound-up with 1 or 2 seats, the Great Escape-esque efforts in the constituencies is more than a little bit satisfying.

I seem upset? :lol:  Graeme, I got EVERYTHING I wanted to happen.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/230729-election-night/page-77#entry10426352

The SNP took my constituency, Ross Greer won a seat, Scottish Labour's slide into oblivion is now almost complete, the Scottish Greens have turned their fortunes around with six seats, the Decaff Party lie a humiliating fifth place in Scotland and Wales, the clown car collective of RISE crashed before it could get into first gear with the cherry on top being beaten by the Tommy Sheridan Fan Club.

So whilst I was enjoying sweet dreams, you were posting drunken harangues in a football forum bordering on Curious Orange type hysteria. As for calling your own party "cockroaches", just when I thought you could stoop no lower in wanting incest legalised...

I find this argument about Labour bizarre tbh. Most people aren't left wing or right wing. The argument that Labour should always fit into this small box that anything towards the centre or right of it is Tory, is ridiculous imo.

Why should the millions of people who aren't as 'extreme' left as Corbyn and not Tories not be represented?

they can be, by the lib dems. All you blairite tubes have been killing the labour party for year's, but you crackingon Iits hilarious and we want to see it die anyway.

Why was Nigel Don deselected? I can't remember reading anything about this.

AFAIK it was simply a case of the local party feeling Mairi Evans was a more dynamic and locally popular candidate.

There might have been politics in the background but I'm led to believe it was simply they thought they had some better.

I would agree too.

they can be, by the lib dems. All you blairite tubes have been killing the labour party for year's, but you crackingon Iits hilarious and we want to see it die anyway.

Lol

The mask slips and reveals what underpins some of his bizarre posts about junior football. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and walk away.

I'm so glad to have mortally offended Pie & Bovril's resident Orange Order apologist - another set of monobrowed grunts deserving of as much perpetual contempt as the "I've always voted Labour like my father and his before him" clowns.

Anyway, I thought you and your shoogly shoulders mates on You Tube didn't do walking away?

I seem upset? :lol:  Graeme, I got EVERYTHING I wanted to happen.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/230729-election-night/page-77#entry10426352

The SNP took my constituency, Ross Greer won a seat, Scottish Labour's slide into oblivion is now almost complete, the Scottish Greens have turned their fortunes around with six seats, the Decaff Party lie a humiliating fifth place in Scotland and Wales, the clown car collective of RISE crashed before it could get into first gear with the cherry on top being beaten by the Tommy Sheridan Fan Club.

So whilst I was enjoying sweet dreams, you were posting drunken harangues in a football forum bordering on Curious Orange type hysteria. As for calling your own party "cockroaches", just when I thought you could stoop no lower in wanting incest legalised...

Full faith and credit to you: you know how to spell my name, which is progress compared to other weirdos that think it is some kind of clever and original thing to do to address people by their real names on a football forum.

Archived