Election Night

The snps not getting a majority is a disaster for independence and has set the cause back years.

But presumably good for the majority of the country that aren't in the least bit interested in a second referendum given they were asked two years ago

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But presumably good for the majority of the country that aren't in the least bit interested in a second referendum given they were asked two years ago

Yes voters don't even want another one so soon it would be stupid.

have you polled them, as a majority said they wanted one within 5 years and two thirds within 10.

its only staunch rangers types (ie bigots) that don't

That "Wings Over Scotland" blogpost, as well as his Twitter feed, makes for some delicious reading. Taking the huff like a small child.

I'm getting the impression the guy doesn't like people not doing what he tells them to do, as though it raises the question of his influence over the electorate.

That "Wings Over Scotland" blogpost, as well as his Twitter feed, makes for some delicious reading.  Taking the huff like a small child.

Best site out there for yessers, sadly run by an unsavoury character, I like his site but I won't be contributing to his wages.

Fantastic night for the Tories, very good night for the Greens, disappointing for the SNP, disaster for Labour and quite good for the Lib Dems.

Your an idiot if you think increasing your vote is dissapointing

Hq will be over the moon

That's an excellent point. Even if the SNP vote may appear to have plateaued for the time being, there is no way the Tories can expect for it to get much better than it did yesterday

the obvious way it could get better for them is for them to start taking seats off the SNP in places like Perth, traditional tory territory. The SNP won't collapse to that extent in 2021.

Your an idiot if you think increasing your vote is dissapointing

Hq will be over the moon

Vote count is completely irrelevant when you lose seats. A minority government isn't the end of the world but,to everyone other than fanboys and happy clappers, it's clearly a disappointment.

Is Dugdale a Hibs fan?

My god if she is her luck is really running out. As she is Porty it is possible. She was pictured there with Jackie Baillie at a Dumbarton game.

Was working at the count in Aibrrdeen, a strange (and lengthy :( ) evening/morning.

Had no idea what had happened outside until 8am but had a horrible feeling things were coming up Tory :angry: ​

On the plus side, the SNP will have to play canny in government this time and might have to introduce some slightly riskier policies in keeping with their projected image of anti-austeriy, etc.

Independence is off the table for while now, I'd think.

Independence was always going to be off the table for at least another 7 years anyway barring something drastic.

Archived