Election Night

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is every regular Rangers poster on here now a tearstained mess?

The aftermath of the referendum had them in tears, and they turned like frightened children to Auntie Ruth for help and comfort. She's not even bent them over yet and had a little fun with them and already the shame of going running to her seems to have the tears flowing afresh.

You raise a question that's been puzzling me for a while though. What were they expecting to happen after they won the referendum? Did good old British lack of longterm thinking or foresight simply not raise the reality of life after "No"?

Red Rob claims to be a Labour voter,that may expain it

I've never claimed anything of the sort or to be a Tory. All my working life I've voted for the candidate who I felt would best serve the constituency and community in which I live. It's stood my conscience in pretty good stead over the years.

The juvenile jibes and insults from Nationalists that regularly appear on here mean absolutely nothing, but they are symptomatic of a bitter intolerance that sadly is a smear over Scottish politics.

Maybe your schools should have taught you what "hypocrisy" means rather than spending so much time drumming the national anthem into you.

Interesting to note that you admit you "want one thing and one thing only": to deny Scotland statehood "irrespective" of the policies or record of the party you think is best placed to oppose it. As an SNP voter who also supports independence, I actually wouldn't vote for them if they were a right wing nationalist party. As it is, they're the only serious left wing force in Scottish politics, so unlike you I don't have to whore my vote to them based on the flag they wave.

What's this 'Your Schools' pish!? Hmmmm

The juvenile jibes and insults from Nationalists that regularly appear on here mean absolutely nothing, but they are symptomatic of a bitter intolerance that sadly is a smear over Scottish politics.

Only us then???

I've never claimed anything of the sort or to be a Tory. All my working life I've voted for the candidate who I felt would best serve the constituency and community in which I live. It's stood my conscience in pretty good stead over the years.

British Nationalist PUL cheerleader condemning others for bitter intolerance. 😂

post-64437-0-65040900-1462819726_thumb.g

In fairness Red Rob is English, his partners Scottish hence their better together..

I was referring to whichever school he and the poster he replied to attended, as neither apparently had a teacher capable of explaining to them what "irony" is. (Free hint for Rob and thepundit: it doesn't mean "entirely made of iron".)

British Nationalist PUL cheerleader condemning others for bitter intolerance. 😂

I'm fine where I'm at mate. If you can point to a bitter intolerance of others in any of my posts, I'll gladly withdraw and apologise.

I think your cloaked dissimulation, insularity and quiet seething hate are far more dangerous. Your true colours shine like a beacon.

I'm fine where I'm at mate. If you can point to a bitter intolerance of others in any of my posts, I'll gladly withdraw and apologise.

I think your cloaked dissimulation, insularity and quiet seething hate are far more dangerous. Your true colours shine like a beacon.

I can almost see the Union Jack unfurling behind you as give the red hand of Ulster and deliver that little speech*. 😂 It's like time has stood still for you.

* it would be vastly improved by your learning what "dissimulation" means. "Cloaked dissimulation" is rather bizarrely tautological.

I was referring to whichever school he and the poster he replied to attended, as neither apparently had a teacher capable of explaining to them what "irony" is. (Free hint for Rob and thepundit: it doesn't mean "entirely made of iron".)

Thanks for getting the username correct. Time and time again I'm called The Pundit. Thank you. :)

That said, since you're so well versed in irony, could you point out specifically what I said was not only ironic, but what I also failed to note the irony in?....

Thanks for getting the username correct. Time and time again I'm called The Pundit. Thank you. :)

That said, since you're so well versed in irony, could you point out specifically what I said was not only ironic, but what I also failed to note the irony in?....

You're welcome. It's the little things that matter - the things that keep us going.

I'm afraid I don't understand your second sentence. I'm not being a little bitch - I genuinely don't know what you're asking for.

You're welcome. It's the little things that matter - the things that keep us going.

I'm afraid I don't understand your second sentence. I'm not being a little bitch - I genuinely don't know what you're asking for.

No worries. :)

You said I didn't know what irony was... (albeit I was pointing out the fact Nationalists were effectively saying "oh well the Tories only got those votes because of Unionism" when Independence is one of the main reasons the SNP get votes)

I was already pointing out the irony was I not?, yet you say I don't know the meaning of the word?....

No worries. :)

You said I didn't know what irony was... (albeit I was pointing out the fact Nationalists were effectively saying "oh well the Tories only got those votes because of Unionism" when Independence is one of the main reasons the SNP get votes)

I was already pointing out the irony was I not?, yet you say I don't know the meaning of the word?....

Ah, I see - the fault was mine in my last post but one. It should have read "hypocrisy" rather than "irony" (I was discussing the irony of Rob's post at the same time, so must have had the word in my head).

The situation of some Scottish nationalists supporting the SNP only because of independence and some British Nationalists supporting the Tories only because of its opposition to Scotland's sovereignty is not in any way hypocritical, nor is it hypocritical for either group to point out the reality of that situation. Is it ironic (since I brought in irony)? Not really - in fact, it's quite expected that the two parties each with entrenched constitutional positions would pick up votes from people whose primary concern is the constitution.

Where it becomes interesting (to me anyway) is when people absolutely abandon all previously- and otherwise-held ideological principles and vote for a party which might be diametrically opposed to those principles but is in tune with them constitutionally.

So, if a left-leaning, working class social liberal started voting Tory purely because "UKOK" or a far-right neo-Nazi extremist started voting SNP because they really want an independent Scotland, I'd be comfortably critical of those people from the position of someone largely happy with my chosen party's ideological and constitutional positions. In this election, though, only the former seem to be a thing.

Well, this is all going well. I don't think there'd be more seethe if Labour had a majority and the Tories were back to being a complete irrelevance.

The SNP have an almost-unprecedented pile of MSPs and the Tories haven't had this much opportunity to batter the plebs since Holyrood was allowed to convene. Be happy, you miserable bunch!   :P

You have to laugh at all the Sevco2012 fans on here. A few Tory MSPs sneak in through the list system and their wee dander is right up.

Bless.

It clearly doesn't bother you Fide, so why keep repeating yourself?

Archived